Your favorite place to eat?

Options
TeachTheGirl
TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
Okay, let's get this forum moving again.

Where are some of your favorite places to eat in Minnesota?

I LOVE The Anchor Fish and Chips for a taste of home. I'm also a huge fan of Fogo De Chao when I can afford it.

Replies

• krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Origami... their sushi is freaking amazing... wish I could eat there everyday
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Bad Waitress (eat street in Mpls) and the IHop by the MOA.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    There is this little place in St. Paul called the Thai Ginger Restaurant. Their Pad Thai and the eggrolls are something else.

Blue Door Inn has some incredible burgers.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM FUJI YA SUSHI

:bigsmile:
  • StarryOne
    StarryOne Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My favorite subject and, alas, the reason I need to be here. I love eating in the Twin Cities and couldn't pick just one.

My favorite:
    Ethiopian: Fasika
    Korean: Korean Tofu House (just ate lunch there, mmmm)
    Cuban: Victor's 1959 Cafe
    Vietnamese: Quang
    Thai: Sen Yai Sen Lek
    African: Afro Deli
    Chinese: Little Szechuan
    Mexican: Barrio (yeah, not really authentic)
    Nepali: Everest on Grand
    Japanese: Masu
    Indian: Gandhi Mahal
    Turkish: Black Sea
    Kurdish: Babani's
    American: Craftsman (lower price), Heartland or Haute Dish (pricier)

And then if I can't decide where to eat, I just go to Midtown Global Market and create a mish-mash of food from many cultures:)
  • jandueporti
    jandueporti Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Have to say one of my favs is Shaws in northeast - their shaw burger is amazing.

Pretty much any sushi place - Saji Ya, Masu, Sushi Tango, Origami

Also, Sarnas on University has an awesome pecan crusted walleye dinner.

Woodfire grill in SLP has the best poutine I've ever had - seriously AMAZING (the mustard gravy is sooo good & you can order it with extra cheese curds)

Up North, some of my favorites are -

Duluth:
    Fitgers Brew Pub (wild rice burger & apricot wheat beer)

Superior:
    Anchor Bar (cashew burger is sooo good)

Two Harbors:
    Betty's Pies (backpacker burger, chipotle mayo & with thier kettle chips or sweet potato fries, lemon angel pie is the best and I don't even like sweets)
    Vanilla Bean (they have an open face veggie sandwich that I've been in love with since I was a teenager)
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I love love love Teresa's Mexican Restaurant. They have a few locations but I only know of two. One in Lakeville and one in Mendota Heights. They have great food and the prices are cheap. Also Cossetta's in Downtown St. Paul. Everything they make is good. BUT...if I have money to spend I would have to say Mancini's on West 7th in St Paul. They bring you a free bread basket...AMAZING!!!! I have tried to recreate it at home snd it just doesn't taste the same.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    +1 for Mancini's
  • Kobe
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I love Osaka for their Sushi. I use to love Kahns Mongolian BBQ but they stopped serving their hot and sour soup with their appetizers and its just not the same. If anyone is ever in the Elk River area (where I live) try Pompeii Pizza. TO.Die.FOR!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I went to Pizzeria Lola (in south minneapolis) 2 weeks ago for the first time - really good - I had the sunnyside (egg on my pizza) my cousin had korean BBQ on hers and that was also stupendous - and for dessert - soft serve with olive oil and sea salt - YEP its one of my new fave places

My sunnyside pizza:

photo-1.jpg
  • MrsRosenow
    MrsRosenow Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love Love LOVE Uptown Pizza in Uptown! Delicious but not great for my calorie count... You can have a cheat day every so often right? :wink:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Dave's town club. It's out in Delano, west of the cities. It is super cheap ( and good ) food and drinks. We can go there ( family of four ) we can all have dinner and the adults a couple of drinks, and be out the door for under $40.00.
  • ajs03
    ajs03 Posts: 32
    Options
    Everyone has posted so many places for the cities...I don't get there often, but I want to write down your suggestions & try them.
    I like a place in St Cloud (believe they have another location in Sauk Rapids) called Pacific Wok. Limited menu, but healthy & good. I don't live in St Cloud, but if I go there I like to stop (when I am by myself).
  • Apple2jacks
    Options
    So many great ones Good Earth and Cheesecake Factory are two of mine in the Edina area

But I grew up on West 7th Street so DeGidio's and Cossetta's is always a great place to go! And then mosey up the hill to Tavern on Grand and you will have the best Chicken Wild Rice soup ever!!! And a bunch of other stuff there too... Now I am hungry!!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Omg yes to Quang. I'm a big fan of Sawatdee on Washington, my work wife & I go there at least once a week for lunch. Fave post-race place is Five Guys on Hennepin. The Egg & I a few blocks down is great for breakfast, too.

Mmmm food.