Fitness in MN

Options
What do you do for fitness during the snow...

I have started doing challenges from beach body... and that is what is working for me right now...

just want to know what others are doing

Replies

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights or treadmill running inside primarily for me
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I lift, and walk. The gym I go to has an indoor track.
  • MountainMoverJosh
    Options
    I bear the elements....it is so beautiful out there. I could have been a burly tough guy and gone out in thin pants, but there is a not so fine line between tough and stupid.

I am building up my artillery of heavy sweats and hoodies. Next on the list is some sort of athletic scarf for my chin/cheeks. When I sweat, it pretty much freezes and the wind just nips it. Not fun.

Bottom line, if you got gear, I am finding out that it is quite alright. I just imagine myself as Rocky when he is training in the wilderness of Russia, or Siberia somewhere. "Do da duuuu do da duuuum.....do da da du da a...."

Besides. How fun it is to go running while it is snowing outside! But never forget the gloves. I did a couple times, and regretted it. The body may be warm, but frostbitten hands suck! That is also an easy way to get arthritis.
  • thank you all

mr.wilson you always shock me :D
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I do kettlebells inside at home.
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Run outside. :-)
  • ajs03
    ajs03 Posts: 32
    Options
    I try to "play" on the Wii more. Do Wii Fitness Plus, Zumba, etc. Or I join some of my local community education activities, like fitness kickboxing or aqua aerobics.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I bear the elements....it is so beautiful out there. I could have been a burly tough guy and gone out in thin pants, but there is a not so fine line between tough and stupid.

I am building up my artillery of heavy sweats and hoodies. Next on the list is some sort of athletic scarf for my chin/cheeks. When I sweat, it pretty much freezes and the wind just nips it. Not fun.

Bottom line, if you got gear, I am finding out that it is quite alright. I just imagine myself as Rocky when he is training in the wilderness of Russia, or Siberia somewhere. "Do da duuuu do da duuuum.....do da da du da a...."

Besides. How fun it is to go running while it is snowing outside! But never forget the gloves. I did a couple times, and regretted it. The body may be warm, but frostbitten hands suck! That is also an easy way to get arthritis.
    Try a face warmer made specifically for sports, like this: http://www.ojcommerce.com/seirus/545119/neofleece_comfort_masque?utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=84983 I'm about to get one, the issue I have is that I wear glasses so regular scarves end up fogging up my glasses. The one in the link is vented plus it's made of a material that isn't going to hold moisture that will freeze.

Oddly, my hands don't get cold when I run outdoors. Maybe initially, but once I'm warmed up I always end up taking off my mittens so instead I just wear a top with handwarmers built in. That way I can easily uncover my hands & not have to carry anything extra.

I've been lifting & running at the gym mostly, but I go to the Metrodome at least once a week just to get off the treadmill & be around other runners. Today I had to bust out the Yaktrax & go for a run in the snow, though I only did a couple of miles due to the glasses issue. Not so much the fogging, but it was snowing so hard I couldn't see very well. Still, it was great to get out in the nice warm weather! :laugh: