Back to WW!

Hey all :) I've been an on-and-off Weight Watchers member for years and have successfully lost weight in the past. Now I'm back and looking for friends who are doing the same kind of thing as me: logging into MFP as well as logging PointsPlus (into "food notes" section). I have a feeling I might be one of the youngest ones here (22) and I'm a student, so have trouble staying active after being in classes all day. Feel free to add me if you can relate :)

Replies

• meaganlosesit
    meaganlosesit Posts: 23 Member
    Hey! I'm also on WW! It's the second time around for me, but I'm hoping to stay on track this time around. I try to log my points plus here but I always tend to forget. Good luck to you!
  • hey hun, Im the same as you. Ive lost alot previosuly and now Im back becasue Ive gained it all back over two years of being lazy with my eating. Ive got 50lbs roughly to loose how much do you want to loose? xx
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    I'm a WW meetings member. I log my food on the WW site and use MFP to log my weigh ins, activity and to give/get support & motivation. Anyone can add me.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,427 Member
    Hi everyone! I just found this group! I'm a former weight watcher, started up with MFP in September 2012 after getting tired of spending the monthly dues to weight watchers. Although I have hovered at around the same weight as when I left WW's, I still have more I want to lose. So I've been thinking of going back to WW and following the point system. It does work, as long as you work it. I've love to make friends with others doing both. I have about 10 lbs or so I'd like to lose and then start maintance. SO..Monday February 25th, I'll go to my first meeting in months! :happy:
  • judiiiiindisguise
    judiiiiindisguise Posts: 63 Member
    ok here's my story. I have been on WW a bunch of times and in October 2012 rejoined. Then wasn't losing much and thought that i should keep track of the fruit and vegetables..so found this site and was doing both the WW app and the MFP app. It got to be too much and I was loving Mfp...so i have lost about 12 since November...not very fast and I am definately not perfect about it....but I think I need to weigh in once a week at WW meetings...somehow that keeps me on track better and more accountable...so i am thinking of rejoining today, going to a meeting...get my weight from WW, follow points, and do both again for a while....i would love any friends who are doing the same!! judi in seattle
  • Sandy92392
    Sandy92392 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi I am joining the group to get support and motivation as I am doing WW on my own. I been a member many times before and have lost weight in the past. As I use to weigh 280 and got myself down to 184 but I got pregnant and had a baby and here I am four years later wanting to lose the weight I gained. I am currently 215 and need to lose weight I am done with being lazy and fat. I was focusing on my baby and not me. I have 6 kids in total ranging from ages 11 to 4. I need t focus on me now that she getting ready for school coming this Sept. I want to prove that I can lose the weight again. I know it going to be hard cause I am 45. I use MFP to log all my foods can't seen to figure out how to log the points yet. I have all my WW books and am trying to do it on my own.
    Can someone please tell me how the new 360 plan go. Cause I am using the points plus that my mother N law gave me since she not doing WW anymore.
  • stratcat45
    stratcat45 Posts: 48 Member
    Sandy - 360 is still Points Plus - nothing changed on how the points were calculated - you still do fat, fiber, carbs and proteins. What they basically did is revamp the system with a new look and name (they do that every year practically)...360 takes everything the full circle - healthy eating, exercising, keeping things healthy at home, etc.. Things you probably already know, but never hurts to be reminded of.
  • Sandy92392
    Sandy92392 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for the info. That is good to hear cause I thought I need to buy new books and everything. I am having problems with sticking to 31 points. I keep going over.
    Here is how it been going so far. April 1 ---37 , 2-- 24, 3-- 39, 4-- 31.1, 5--- 51.3, 6--- 36.3 , 7--- 65.4, 8--- 42.2
    I know I can do this. What is everyone eating? Can someone please share their menu so I can figure out what
    I am doing wrong..
  • stratcat45
    stratcat45 Posts: 48 Member
    The best piece of advice I can give anyone that does Weight Watchers is to plan your menus to fit your daily points. Try to fit in all the Healthy Guidelines: 2 tsp healthy oil; 5 servings fruit or vegetables; 2 dairy; multi-vitamin; 6 cups of water (WW will let you count any liquid towards that, but remember juices and such may contain pts that you'll have to count).

If you go through your WW books any item that has a green triangle next to it is considered a Power Food. These foods will keep you fuller longer, which will keep you from binge eating. Don't keep anything in the house you can't trust yourself with (mine is potato chips). If you're going out to eat - get online and find the menu (most chains have them online), figure the points, and go in knowing what you're going to eat - order first so you are not tempted by what others are ordering. If you can't find a menu - try to stick to items that are grilled and not breaded.

Don't overdo it with fruit! They may be 0 pts but those calories can add up fast; but they are a better alternative than one of those 100 calorie snack packs!

There are many sites offering light recipes...I use the following:

greenlitebites.com
    skinnytaste.com
    hungrygirl.com
    emilybites.com
    theyummylife.com
    danicasdaily.com

Read this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/822197-how-to-track-weight-watchers-points-on-mfp

it will show you how to add a point column to MFP - you need to use Mozilla FoxFire for it to work.