Baby Wearing

Options
vim_n_vigor
vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
I was getting pretty upset that I couldn't find my Maya wrap for this baby. Yesterday, I found it. I used it to breastfeed while shopping, cooking, walks, even all the way up to toddler age I was able to use it. I would really recommend that anyone breastfeeding or planning on baby wearing, look into this or something similar. It was a complete lifesaver!

mayawrap.com

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I bought a Moby Wrap and had another sling with my first, but I never used either one. The Moby Wrap wasn't cheap, either (I bought mine brand new)! I think this time I am more open to baby wearing, especially since when we are out and about, I will have to share my focus with a 2-year-old.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any experience with the Baby Bjorn classic? This is my first baby and the baby carrier I'm most familiar with is the Baby Bjorn because my sister in law had one with my niece. She liked it but hers is the only opinion I've heard. Thanks.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have a Maya Wrap, Moby Wrap and Ergocarrier - no experience with any of them since this is my first baby, but at least I have options I guess!
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My sis gave me her Moby and I have used it a lot with my niece, my dad even used it with her a lot. We used it for her at least through the first year. My sis said that she loves the Moby but found the Ergo to be especially supportive as well and if she were to buy a new wrap/carrier she would get that rather than the Moby.

We registered for the bjorn because hubby isn't comfortable carrying her in the moby (he doesn't think it's secure enough) and he's guy friend said he love the bjorn. Since the friend lives nearby I can say that I have seen him out on walks with the baby in the bjorn a lot.
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know any carries that are good for twins?
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    My sis gave me her Moby and I have used it a lot with my niece, my dad even used it with her a lot. We used it for her at least through the first year. My sis said that she loves the Moby but found the Ergo to be especially supportive as well and if she were to buy a new wrap/carrier she would get that rather than the Moby.

We registered for the bjorn because hubby isn't comfortable carrying her in the moby (he doesn't think it's secure enough) and he's guy friend said he love the bjorn. Since the friend lives nearby I can say that I have seen him out on walks with the baby in the bjorn a lot.

Even though I have the Moby, I'm tempted to check out the Baby Bjorn. I asked someone else who used the Moby how she managed to get it on/off (it's basically one really long piece of fabric), and she said she used to basically wear it around, even while out and about, then put her son it in when the need arose. That's too complicated for me, especially if you need to nurse/pump, so I would prefer to have something I can take on and off easily and/or have my husband wear.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I bought a Moby Wrap and had another sling with my first, but I never used either one. The Moby Wrap wasn't cheap, either (I bought mine brand new)! I think this time I am more open to baby wearing, especially since when we are out and about, I will have to share my focus with a 2-year-old.

That is exactly when I started using it! I found it to be very easy and comfortable for me and the baby!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options

Even though I have the Moby, I'm tempted to check out the Baby Bjorn. I asked someone else who used the Moby how she managed to get it on/off (it's basically one really long piece of fabric), and she said she used to basically wear it around, even while out and about, then put her son it in when the need arose. That's too complicated for me, especially if you need to nurse/pump, so I would prefer to have something I can take on and off easily and/or have my husband wear.
    You can actually nurse in the Moby. Personally i don't think it's all that complicated to take on and off but I could see where it would be a pain if you're using it a lot throughout the day. I do think that the bjorn and ergo are a little more "quick and easy" though b/c they just snap on and off
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Does anyone know any carries that are good for twins?

I THINK the Moby is good for twins. I have no experience with it but I feel like when I was researching the different "holds" for the moby I came across one for twins but I think that was mostly when they are tiny
  • kekevela
    kekevela Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the Baby K'tan which is like the Moby, but less fabric. Having a baby in the summer in New Mexico, I figured the lighter the fabric the better!

http://www.babyktan.com/
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I loved my Bjorn active for my first 2 kids! A lot of ppl are afraid to use it b/c there isn't as much spine support, but my kids never had any issues and we will use it again. I also plan to make my own woven wrap. I know a lot of ppl who love the ergo. We bought one (thankfully used!) and neither of my kids would sit in it.
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing my babies for years, I started with the bjorn with my first baby and loved it, moved into a sling with 2nd and continued using bjorn, I find the bjorn very comfortable and easy to use and put on. The sling was nice but sometimes I got tired of wearing it as it is one shoulder but awesome for sleeping baby.... and I did have small babies, that stayed small.
    I started using something like the moby with my 4th and I loved it. I didn't get sore using that one and hand were free to attend my other children or do the grocery shopping.... only complaint is hated taking if off and on, mine was not as long as the moby and so it would tie at my back and that annoyed me as I had to take it off and on to drive even if I was going to put baby back in at the next stop.
    I was never comfortable nursing in one, I have a 18 year old stepson who could be around at anytime, I don't like showing my breast. I am a very descret nursing mom, my choice my prefrence and I was good at being descret. My babied learned to nurse my way, often under blankets or nursing capes.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any experience with the Baby Bjorn classic? This is my first baby and the baby carrier I'm most familiar with is the Baby Bjorn because my sister in law had one with my niece. She liked it but hers is the only opinion I've heard. Thanks.

Those types of carries are not great for the baby's hips and spins. If you want a structured, go with an Ergo. They are great and very baby- friendly. I use an Ergo, Moby wrap, and sling carriers.
  • lys617
    lys617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I suggest the Ergo carrier also. I used it with my first for years and she still will sometimes want to go around in it. (She is 3 next week and pushing 36 pounds) I have loved having it. That being said be careful in the first five to six months because your baby's hips aren't meant to splay out like that yet, so be sure to use the infant insert with it.

I guess my only complaint would be that since they are right up against your body it can get really hot after a while, but that would happen with pretty much any baby carrier I guess.