Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Newbie alert

Hi - I started MFP yesterday and just thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Liz and I am in Cornwall and need to lose about 8 stone. I have done WW and SW in the past, but can't afford those so am now doing CC. At the moment I am just worrying about the amount of calories I take in, the rest will come later I'm sure.

Anyway just wanted to say hello.

Replies

• LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Hi Liz, welcome to MFP :) Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey, you can do this :)
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Hey Liz, and welcome, everyone will be here to help x
  • Thanks both of you - must say that so far I am, kind of, enjoying calorie counting (so far anyway lol)
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Hello and welcome Liz. I'm a relative newbie too (second time around) This time I'm in a more focused mindset and am making lots of big changes to my lifestyle. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish and good luck with CC :-)
  • foxys_mum
    foxys_mum Posts: 67 Member
    Hi& welcome. Lovely dog!
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Welcome :) If you aint sure about anything be sure to ask. It can be very confusing (conflicting info). Just give yourself plenty of time and enjoy the progress.
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Hi Liz, when I started this I knew I had a little over 8st to lose so like you began by just counting the calories. As time has gone on and my confidence has increased I've added in more exercise and joined a gym in December. It's amazing how much you learn on this site. Best of luck with your weightloss x
  • Thank you everyone - it is rather confusing going through the boards at times (and a little scary!), but it will all come together I'm sure. Had a bit of an off day today, but tomorrow is another day and another chance :-)

Hi& welcome. Lovely dog!

Thank you. Her name was Sophie, we lost her about two years ago last September, but out of all the animals I've had (and loved) she had a very special place in my heart. Is yours a white GSD?