No weekend control :(

Options
Hi my fellow 2013 Brides!

I'm so excited about my Oct 12th wedding to my sweetie! I've been doing okay on my diet and exercise except on the weekends. My job keeps me busy during the day so there is no time to snack, just a lunch break. I often have various engagements after work (including a second job) so I really only have time for dinner. Over the weekend I have so much free time and I've always loved to snack. Any tips on how to enjoy my weekends, which are usually full of time with family and friends, without completely forgetting my diet?

Thanks,

Monique aka The soon-to-be Mrs. Bell

Replies

• amandaose
    Options
    Congrats on your Oct 12th wedding! That is my grandparent’s anniversary and they have been married 53 years! I think we all share the pain of the weekends. It so much easier to watch what you eat when your at work m-f and you have a set schedule. I struggle with this also. Since my wedding is in June I had to force myself to learn a "new" way to be healthy on the weekends. For me if i make a schedule just like mine during the week days it helps me i only eat at the times on the weekends that i would on the weekdays. For me that keeps me on track and doesn’t allow me to snack. I also make sure if I am going out to pay close attention to what im eating. Just because your on a diet does not mean you cant have snacks! I know its also hard to sit at home and have access to all the food you dont during the week so make snacks ahead of time that you know are healthy and that you can eat. I cut up cucumbers or something healthy and put it in bags so that if i need to grab something i dont have to make it and have time to think about what i would rather have. I would say that eating at the same times that i do on the weekdays is what has helped me the most though. Self control is key! best of luck to you
  • Chocolate_Queen
    Chocolate_Queen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have the same wedding date and the exact same problem. It's worse when friends come round - wine and pudding always follow. I'd also be grateful of some tips.
  • Mimi_NY
    Mimi_NY Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I have a Sept 1st wedding and weekends are my downfall. I also have a broken bone in the foot so no gym. It's been really frustrating. I keep putting off dress shopping cause i want to lose a few more pounds but the progress has been really slow. My Fiance is of no help either lol But I am determined and will make progress :)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I struggle mostly on weekends that my kids are away because my fiance and I enjoy going out to eat without them. It's hard to make healthy choices at a restaurant because there's so much temptation. I should really just allow that to be my one cheat day every 2 weeks (we go out Saturday's). Can you go shopping on Monday so that by the weekend all the 'junk' you might eat as snacks during the week is gone and not available t you on the weekend?
  • JacquelineEllen
    JacquelineEllen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with alcohol when I started MFP. I would burn over 600 calories on Friday doing hot yoga and then I would go out that night with friends and drink/eat all the calories back plus some sometimes! I was still seeing progress but with my wedding three months away I decided it was time to stop with the "cheat days" and get serious. I cut out alcohol on the weekends and the difference in my body has been remarkable. I think the closer your get the more serious you will get with the diet too.
  • rahholland
    rahholland Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have had the same issues in the past. I would drink a lot on the weekends and that would turn into eatting more. Since the New Year I have had only one drink and my snacking has improved. I try to remind myself all the hard work I have put in is not worth falling of the wagon for two days. Also seeing the numbers go down on the scale and inches coming off is a big motivations. It is okay to indulge but try to limit that. I tell my fiance if I am eatting something to take it away from me before I eat the whole thing.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Same with me!! During the week, I do pretty well because i'm at work and sometimes even my part time job, buton the weekends I totally fall apart and don't even track!! I can't seem to get myself together and I have too so that I look great on 9/6!!!
  • moniqueirene
    Options
    Thanks all!

This weekend was better because I did not snack as much. Next weeked I'm going to focus on making better choices when I eat out over the weekend. Only alcohol is the new skinny brand.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm September 28th here! I'm having the same problem! I love cooking for my man especially on weekends when I have time to be elaborate. One thing I have found that kills me is when Joshua and I eat together, even when I'm basically full, but he is still eating I will continue. I feel weird having only one person eat so I stuff myself like a chubby little sausage ahaha.
    The thing that I have found that helps is if I am active I eat waaaay less. I don't know why but as long as I go do something active I eat less. So now on weekends we go window shop or bike. I guess it just keeps me busy.

Congrats on the nuptials!!!