P90X/Insanity hybrid workout

Options
Hi everyone,

Over the past few years I've completed P90X classic and doubles, P90X2, and most recently Insanity. I've loved them all for different reasons, but I've wanted to try out a mix of P90X and Insanity for a while now--I just like the idea of getting in the circuit-training style resistance exercise along with some of the HIIT of Insanity.

I started this morning with C & B/ARX. Although it's probably not as true for those of you reading this, most people probably would never say "Man, it sure did feel good to do push ups/pull ups for an hour!", but that's how I felt after I finished. I love the constant pump from that workout, and it just goes by so fast!

Anyway, I just wanted to throw this up here to get some input from anyone who has done their own hybrid. What worked or didn't work? If you were to do it again, what would you change? Also, how did your results stack up to what you've experienced with other programs?

That's all. I hope you're all killing it in your workouts, whatever they might be!

Replies

• Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in others replies. I've completed p90x, currently doing Insanity and thinking of either a hybrid or p90x2 next.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
  • n_weeks
    Options
    Yeah, I've looked at that schedule, as well as a few others. I've developed a schedule that I like a little better, but I guess that's the beauty of a hybrid!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    It is, for me it is good to have a schedule and not think, just come home from work and press play.....
  • n_weeks
    Options
    That's what it's all about haha, whatever keeps you going.
  • jcole1117
    Options
    Hey, I've done P90x/Insanity programs and they are great because you can't beat the resistance training from P90X and the cardio from Insanity is the best. On the subject of P90X2, it is a great program but its kind of a challenge to stick to the first phase of it because you will want so badly to do more than what the program calls for and thats fine as long as your extra workouts on rest days are only cardio or yoga. When you get to phase 2 thats when it gets really good! I assure you that you will realize a different level of tightness and recovery from the balance component of X2. The medecine balls are crucial to the results of this program and you will need all four for chest back and balance. Phase 3 is what will take you to the next level of athleticism. PAP rocks! It seems kind of wierd at first but after a couple of weeks you will be glad that you stuck with it. Bottom line, X2 is not going to make your muscles bigger. It will make you more athletic, more balanced, and more durable. It is the perfect next step from a hybrid program of P90X/Insanity. I hope this was helpful.:happy: