Recommendations for trail shoes

Options
M_lifts
M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
Hello

Would love recommendations for some trail shoes. I run with my club 2-3 times a week and my long runs incorporate some trails. So would love to get a better grip as my normal trainers get a bit slippery in the mud. I over pronate and currently wear Asics gel virage 5.

Would love to know what everyone else uses or what you would recommend. Thanks

Replies

• camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    If I were going to get trail shoes, I'd probably go with Altras. Lone Peak or Superior... one of those. They don't make them in a size 15 though, so I've never been able to try them. :(
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I would love to buy a Pair of Columbia Waterproof trail runners. CHACHING!

That said, the only true trail runners I have are some 5 or 6 year old addidas. I think they were like $55.00
    They still make them too. I am doing an adventure race in April to which I will be running ,trekking, kayaking and peddling in my old faithful Addidas. I need to much other gear before then so I will have to hold of on the new TR's.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I wear the salomon speedcross 3. Love them in the mud! I was the only one in the Mud Mile of Tough Mudder not slipping all over the place (that I could see!)
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I got some Columbia trail runners on Sierra Trading Post. They're probably like a "last year's model", but the price was right, and I like them a lot! I think they were called Master of Faster, and they are waterproof. I don't know that I'd recommend them to the original poster, because I don't have any feet problems. I'm not sure if they'd work for you or not. But if you know what you're looking for, I do recommend Sierra Trading Post . com.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I love my Merrell Sonic Gloves so much I bought two pairs. Minimalist Vibram soles and water resistant. Perfect combination if you ask me!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    thanks for all thre replies! will keep researching :)
  • RhodySeth
    RhodySeth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My primary trail shoes are Brooks Cascadia 6. Pretty much the opposite of minimalist. Big heel drop. They are tanks and I love 'em.
  • sgturc12
    Options
    I wear the Brooks Adrenaline GTX, they are waterproof and made with GoreTex. I ran 10 miles on my second run in them. Also, I got them on sale!
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Update: I have since bought a new pair of Trail runners. They are Adidas Kanadia TR 4's. They are the newest version of the old faithfuls that I was talking about above. I also bought my husband a pair. I am usually all about more minimalist and expensive shoes but I absolutly love the feel and traction on these. Read the reviews on amazon.com.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I love my brooks adrenaline GTX

They are waterproof, and grip very well