Losing weight slower now

Options
So I started on MFP the first week of January again and started C25K a week later. I've lost 12lbs since the first. Finished my 3rd week of C25K this morning (yay!).

However, I started SL 5x5 this week too and the scale didn't budge. Anyone else notice a sudden stall in weightloss when first begining SL 5x5? I'm assuming it picks up eventually...

My MFP setting is -2lbs a week and I am very diligent with my calories and I weigh everything I'm not sure about on a food scale.

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I saw an increase in weight when I first started. Apparently it's water gain due to increases in cortosol and glycogen storing more water. It dropped off a few days later.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I only lost .2 pounds in the last 2 weeks...very frustrating but I did notice a loss in inches since Jan 1 so I supposed I shouldnt complain....
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Happened to me, too. In fact, my weight loss has been slower than my deficeit, but my inches have decreased way more than the weight I've lost....if that makes sense. The last time I was this weight I was wearing 1.5 to 2 sizes larger. For me weight lifting has been an excellent way to shred fat.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    It's totally normal to not see movement on the scale when you first start lifting! You should, however, notice a difference in your measurements. If you haven't already taken them, I would strongly suggest you do as measurements are a much more reliable determination of your progress than your scale weight.

Keep going.....it's so worth it! :happy:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    12 lbs in 25 days is pretty significant. I'd assume a bunch of that was water weight? So, it makes sense you wouldn't keep seeing losses like that. How low are you eating right?
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    bummp!
  • JBG1987
    JBG1987 Posts: 71
    Options
    12 lbs in 25 days is pretty significant. I'd assume a bunch of that was water weight? So, it makes sense you wouldn't keep seeing losses like that. How low are you eating right?

I'm not sure if it was or not, but my pants fit a lot better when I went from 278 to 267 (it took like 2 or 3 weeks eating at a deficit and doing C25K). Then as soon as I started lifting I had a week when I lost 0, then a week when I lost 1 and my pants are feeling tighter again so I don't know what to think.