Two Things That Seem To Be Helping Me

Options
FitnessPalWorks
FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
Ok, so I recently went to my physician because of course I got that flu and wanted to make sure it hadn't progressed into pneumonia or bronchitis which is typical for me. (So far so good - I have neither!)

In my talk with my doctor, I mentioned that I'd had some issues with gluten since I saw her last and had cut it out of my diet and why.

She recommended two things to me to take daily:

1. Digesitve enzymes
2. Probiotics

Mind you, I USED to take probiotics in the past and stopped..... and that's right around the time I really started having issues - go figure! I will tell you the relief I felt was almost instantaneously. Within 8 hours of starting both pills, my bloat did decrease, stomach pain that I though was gone, really IS gone now, and it seems I am finally digesting foods normally! She said it would take 2-3 weeks to see a difference, but I tell you what, at least for me - the difference was pretty much immediate. I eat, and I'm not immediately bloated like I was before!

So if any of you haven't tried them I highly recommend it. It really helped me.

Replies

• FitnessPalWorks
    Options
    BTW just so y'all know, I ate bread yesterday (deliberately) to test out the two pills I just added above and guess what?

I had NO "glutened" reaction..... at ALL!

So if any of you are just SENSITIVE like I am to gluten - might want to try adding the above into your daily regimen. Both of those pills just gave me my life back. Wow.
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So glad these have helped you! :drinker:
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've been taking probiotics since August. I have horrible digestion problems when I stray away from my regular food. I highly recommend them for anyone who's having digestion issues. I also highly recommend take a good, fair look at what your trying to digest. If it's a 1/2 lb. cheeseburger that's leaving a pool of grease, your not giving your stomach a fair chance to start with. Cheers :)
  • tklaing
    tklaing Posts: 20
    Options
    I have been taking probiotics for a few months (as well as being gluten free for the past month, on & off for 5 months before.)
    The probiotics have helped me so much with my allergy problems ! (Gluten causes allergy/sinus type symptoms for me) I totally recommend anyone with allergies to start probiotics, I noticed a difference within a few days, and if I don't take them, I regret it ...
    I am currently taking Pearls IC probiotics, they are working good for me (especially because they are so easy to swallow) but I'm not sure if they are the best. If you don't mind, would you comment on the brand you take ? I would love to know if there's something better.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I recently went to my physician because of course I got that flu and wanted to make sure it hadn't progressed into pneumonia or bronchitis which is typical for me. (So far so good - I have neither!)

In my talk with my doctor, I mentioned that I'd had some issues with gluten since I saw her last and had cut it out of my diet and why.

She recommended two things to me to take daily:

1. Digesitve enzymes
    2. Probiotics

Mind you, I USED to take probiotics in the past and stopped..... and that's right around the time I really started having issues - go figure! I will tell you the relief I felt was almost instantaneously. Within 8 hours of starting both pills, my bloat did decrease, stomach pain that I though was gone, really IS gone now, and it seems I am finally digesting foods normally! She said it would take 2-3 weeks to see a difference, but I tell you what, at least for me - the difference was pretty much immediate. I eat, and I'm not immediately bloated like I was before!

So if any of you haven't tried them I highly recommend it. It really helped me.

Thanks for the reminder! I bought some when I first went GF, took them for a bit, then totally forgot about them. I went and bought more and started them a few days ago :) Even though I am 100% GF, I still get tummy issues more then I should, not sure why. Hopefully these will help.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thats great knews congrats! Probiotics and GF really help my sinus type allergies. I will add digestive enzymes as well. Thanks!
  • tklaing
    tklaing Posts: 20
    Options
    I have been taking Trader Joe's Papaya & Pineapple Enzymes, but haven't noticed a difference in my gluten induced allergy symptoms. (But, the probiotics have helped immensely !)
    How long do you need to take the enzymes for ? Maybe I need more time ? Maybe I should try a different brand/type ? How many times a day do you take ?
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Enzymes will help when you get glutened too. I take them multiple times a day..every day.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    Options
    I was taking two of each per day, I'm going to cut down to once a day and see if I can "get away" with that... hopefully it will be enough.

:)