My 68 Year Old Aunt

Options
Ok team. I wanted to share something with all of you that I thought was really inspiring. My 68 year old aunt is great and knows it is important to keep your body in good shape (you only get one body in life). She typically does some eliptical, rowing machine etc around the house. Last night she decided she really wanted to try "boot camp" since I was going!

I called up my instructor and she allowed me to bring her. My 68 years old aunt did the entire workout....she modified some of the moves as needed, she did some of the reps slower than us 30 year olds but SHE NEVER STOPPED MOVING!!!

How inspiring is that. At the end when she was asked by the instructor whether she felt good about it she said "I needed to give my body a jolt, I'd like to do this class again from time to time if that's ok....I'm going to practice side planks at home so I can get those for next time."

AMAZING!!! I want this to be me at 68.

Replies

• eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yes that's wonderful love it
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING!!!!! I want to be like her too!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • gdneff
    gdneff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What a great story and wake up call. Makes you think that if someone in their late 60's can do this, then there is no reason the rest of us can't. Step by step. We can do this.
  • eternity365
    eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks, for your share :flowerforyou:
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing!