4 months til a new you!

Options
1ocean1girl
1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
Why not start off with a lil challenge:tongue: ? Today we should challenge ourselves to do something new; whether its jogging/running if you're normally a walker or a new workout vedio. Lets push ourselves beyond our comfort level and see where it takes us :wink:

Replies

• Psyop65
    Options
    I am 47 and my Birthday is in July I am so sick of being overweight. Last summer I broke my foot and therefore did not do much consequently I gained weight

I am back in the gym trying to get back into the cardio - eating better - cut the junk - not drinking as much I would be happy to lose 40-50 pounds by my birthday (July)

I am rewarding myself with a new tattoo :) And a bikini
  • Luckyshan89
    Luckyshan89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Rewarding myself with a Trip to Vegas if I lose 40lbs by the summer!!
  • Holdenke1
    Holdenke1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have a family reunion in June and I want to lose about 15 lbs. before that time. Let's do this!
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    I live on an island so I am surrounded by ocean so beachwear is a must. And this year I am determined to get a new bikini and be comfortable in it.
    I have 40lbs to my goal but I am also in a group challenge to lose 20lbs by Memorial Day. Which my birthday falls 3 days before Memorial Day, so -20lbs by my birthday would make me soooo happy!!

BRING
    IT
    ON!!!
  • britt555
    Options
    I have gained weight since the winter started (As it is difficult to get a lot of fun exercise in winter) I hate GYMs. Any snow bunnies out there with some good ideas??
  • hibo25
    hibo25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did taebo today and I really pushed myself. Proud of that for sure! I'm going back to be with my family in June so I really wanna lose 60lbs by then!
  • hibo25
    hibo25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have gained weight since the winter started (As it is difficult to get a lot of fun exercise in winter) I hate GYMs. Any snow bunnies out there with some good ideas??

Workout videos on YouTube are the best!
  • AnneBloomer
    AnneBloomer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Peeps!

I've just booked a holiday to Tunisia on April 7th and i'm SUPER excited! I have 43lbs to lose but realistically i'm looking at losing around 30 by then... I'm good for giving and recieving of the motivation, so feel free to add me!!
    Bring on those beach bodies!!!

xxx
  • leanbody4life
    leanbody4life Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Whats Up!!

I have close to 100 pounds to lose before our cruise next spring. I would like to lose 50 pounds by the end of summer. The whole family just signed up to the gym and have gone everyday so far.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Oh this is me! So wanting to be comfortable in my summer clothes this year. I have about 30 lbs to lose. Trying to incorporate lifting and cardio and good nutrition in my daily habits!

Oh for the challenge I have about an hour before I have to meet the family for dinner so I'm going to dress out in the workout clothes and go down to our work gym room and do one of the exercise videos down there.
  • fitzygirl89
    Options
    I just recently moved from the east coast to the west coast...and live 3 miles from the beach!! I have never felt confident about my body...and I'm working to change that! I'd really like to be able to enjoy the summer on the beach this year!! Let's keep each other going! I'm just over 15 lbs from my goal.
  • Outlawhorses
    Outlawhorses Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I so want my body back before rodeo season starts....for the man tat I love to show him and myself hat I can master this and my depression from it...cheers here's to a new me...
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    I am completely ready for this! I hate wearing a bathing suit out in public.... Hopefully this summer will be different!

I'm a female, an engineer, and overweight. According to potential employers, those three things are not supposed to go together. I'm in my very last semester of college and I cannot count how many times I've been judged by my size as soon as I step foot into an interview room.

On another note, I will be seeing high school friends for the first time in a long time when I go back home after graduation. I want to completely WOW them!!! Not to mention my parents. :smile:

I have 80 pounds to loose. By eating crappy I-only-have-a-microwave-and-no-fridge-because-I'm-in-a-dorm food and exercising 3-5 times a week during the summer, I lost 11 pounds in 2 months! Now that I have an actual kitchen and a locker full of clothes at the rec center, I bet I can make that almost 40 pounds in 4 months! How awesome would that be?!

We got this guys!!! :drinker: <--- That's totally water :tongue:
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Cruise planned in June and 30 year class reunion in November...determined to look awesome and HEALTHY for both!!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Whose still here?? Its a Monday and a new week. What's everyone's goal this week?

I have had a lot of stress in my private life so my goal this week is to stay on plan with my working out and my food choices because it is something I can control. The other part of my life - I cannot.

Going to log some hours at the gym and running. Going to eat healthy -- cutting as much of my processed foods as I can. Feel free to check my diary and call me out on it if I don't!

I so want to be able to wear my cute summer clothes this Spring.
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    I'm here! My goal is to get in a workout everyday until Saturday...Saturday I am flying back to Japan so for 2 days I won't be able to work out or even eat to healthy so i wanna make the first part of my week as awesome as possible to try to balance out the end of the week.
    I don't plan to go hog wild while traveling but it will be a stressful struggle!

jchrisman I feel you 100% on stress in the private life!! I hope you dieting and exercising can be your muse.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    I'm here! My goal is to get in a workout everyday until Saturday...Saturday I am flying back to Japan so for 2 days I won't be able to work out or even eat to healthy so i wanna make the first part of my week as awesome as possible to try to balance out the end of the week.
    I don't plan to go hog wild while traveling but it will be a stressful struggle!

jchrisman I feel you 100% on stress in the private life!! I hope you dieting and exercising can be your muse.

Good plan! And thank you - it has been a struggle to keep focused, but I am hoping that dieting and exercising and focusing on what I have control over will be excatly that - my muse! Thank you.
  • leanbody4life
    leanbody4life Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im still here too. I got two cardio workouts today. One this morning by myself and one tonight with my wife. Had a good last week of working out but food wasnt were it should be. So this week my goal is to have a better week of eating.
  • linds760
    Options
    I HAVE MY 10 YEAR CLASS REUNION THIS SUMMER AND A TRIP TO VEGAS IN JULY! I WANT TO DROP 30LBS BY JULY 12TH...HERE WE GO!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    So I just found out that we are having a big family reunion on May 10th. I think that is a good short term goal for me to set. I have been doing pretty good as far as my logging and eating. Still struggling to keep those processed foods down. I have been really trying to keep my workouts steady and just make myself get to the gym.

Hope you all are doing good on our little journey!