Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lose or Get off the Bike (til Spring)

KevinS62
KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
The name of this group is perfect for me. Lookin Bad on my Bike. And it’s one of the things pushing me to lose weight. It also seems like a few of you have gone through this, or are going through this same thing.

I've been riding as much as I can this winter, but I've gotten to big in the gut for my leather motorcycle jacket. I had two choices. Buy a new one, or lose weight. Yeah, I might be a little cheap, but it's the principle. Since I purchased it more than a year ago, I've only wore it once. Plus, I also know I probably only needed to lose 25 lbs or so to get back into it. Fortunately I found a NFL Saints Letterman's jacket in my closet that still fits decent. But, it just doesn't have the same look as my black leather jacket.

I have lost more than 15 lbs so far and today I tried putting my leather jacket on. I guess you could call this an NSV. I can actually get the zipper up to my chest, which is a major improvement! However, I'm look and feel like a stuffed sausage. I’d guess I still need to drop another 10 lbs or so to 220. It may fit even better at 210. I guess if I hit my goal of 200 by summer, I’ll need to keep this in mind so I don’t got through this again next winter.

There's also the issue of my Harley Davidson t-shirts. Most are size XL, but with my "2XL gut", they just sit in my drawer, waiting for me to lose a few more pounds. I'm really looking forward to wearing them in another month. Maybe less... :bigsmile:

Kevin

Replies

• shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    By spring you should be in those XL's. :)
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    I'm in the same boat - my new jacket is feeling better and better. I'm hoping - no - it WILL fit by the time I'm ready to ride this spring!

Congrats on the 15 so far!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Hi Streittk. I just got my Bike last summer, imagined what I looked like, but when I asked Family & Friends "how do I look" everyone told me I looked great, that was till I saw a picture of myself, that was beyond what I imagined what I looked like!!!! Those pics are branded in my mind to help me stay on track. You're message has given me Inspiration to get my butt in gear & lose before Riding Season starts here. All of Us on MFP & that Ride seem to be in the same boat....turns in great motivation for us. :smile:
  • KevinS62
    I plan to be in them in 2-3 weeks.... I hope! :wink:

I'm hoping - no - it WILL fit by the time I'm ready to ride this spring!

Thanks. I'm sure we'll both be in our jackets soon. Since it's rarely below freezing in New Orleans, I sure wish I fit into mine now, though. I'll probably have to wait to use it in Nov/Dec. :ohwell:
  • KevinS62
    that was till I saw a picture of myself, that was beyond what I imagined what I looked like!!!! Those pics are branded in my mind to help me stay on track. You're message has given me Inspiration to get my butt in gear & lose before Riding Season starts here. All of Us on MFP & that Ride seem to be in the same boat....turns in great motivation for us. :smile:

Absolutely motivating! 1) to get back our leather jackets and 2) get the pictures out of our heads. This is the one that's burned into my head.

img1260i.jpg

-Kevin
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    I plan to be in them in 2-3 weeks.... I hope! :wink:

I'm hoping - no - it WILL fit by the time I'm ready to ride this spring!

Thanks. I'm sure we'll both be in our jackets soon. Since it's rarely below freezing in New Orleans, I sure wish I fit into mine now, though. I'll probably have to wait to use it in Nov/Dec. :ohwell:
    Congratulations on your progress. We all have similar goals and motivations. As one that has been fortunate enough to meet my "get back into the leathers/jacket/t-shirts" goals, keep it up, stick to the plan. Its a tremendous boost.
    Plus, you'll ride better, and enjoy it more!
  • KevinS62
    Congratulations on your progress. We all have similar goals and motivations. As one that has been fortunate enough to meet my "get back into the leathers/jacket/t-shirts" goals, keep it up, stick to the plan. Its a tremendous boost.
    Plus, you'll ride better, and enjoy it more!

Not to mention my wife might soon be able to reach around me and hang on better! :bigsmile:

Thanks,
    Kevin