PETA Pack 2013

Options
DinahCakes
DinahCakes Posts: 61 Member
Anyone making plans for PETA Pack in 2013? I'm nervous just typing this. I'm a terribly shy jogger, and the thought of a race crowd scares me silly. Plus hawking my wares? Yikes! Last time I was trying to earn money for a cause was my Girl Scout cookie sales. Has anyone done these before as a slowpoke jogger? Results? Reviews?

Replies

• reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i don't support PETA
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I did it in 2011! I didn't do one training run with the local team, but I met a few of them on race day. it was totally cool, and I raised over $3600, and won the grand prize as the top fundraiser! it was awesome :o)

HAVE FUN!

I'm not doing it again for a while bc
    a) I want to wait a while b4 I ask everyone for money again
    b) training for the half marathon put me in worse shape! I do much better with less impact on my knees and more strength training
  • DinahCakes
    Options
    thanks. good point about the money thing. smile. and congratulations on the grand prize at fundraising! wow! so many animals helped! i'm more worried about turning a solitary activity into a group one. i'm not a group person by nature. but i also live in a teeny tiny town, so i am likely to be a team of two.
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    There's really no pressure to run with the group. the point is to train and raise money. don't let the word "pack" scare you! its really not what it's about (except for the people who need the pack to get off the couch ;o)
  • DinahCakes
    Options
    Thanks. That's reassuring.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    PETA is a mass murderer of innocent animals..Their mission is to exterminate all domesticated species into extinction.