Gaining Weight

Options
jcs1164
jcs1164 Posts: 13 Member
I started paleo this past saturday. Yesterday I had a 3lbs weight loss. Today I am 4lbs up. I am very strict and really follow it well, still keeping low fat meats and stay within my 1400 calorie daily allowance. I excercise daily at bootcamp and walk 10,000 steps a day. Has this happened to anyone else

Replies

• LittleTrollCupcake
    Options
    I started paleo this past saturday. Yesterday I had a 3lbs weight loss. Today I am 4lbs up. I am very strict and really follow it well, still keeping low fat meats and stay within my 1400 calorie daily allowance. I excercise daily at bootcamp and walk 10,000 steps a day. Has this happened to anyone else

It's physically impossible to gain 4 lbs of fat in a single day. Your water must be fluctuating, you are weighing at weird times, or you simply haven't gone to the bathroom.
  • jcs1164
    jcs1164 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I doubt it is fat. Maybe it is water, I weigh myself same time once a week, but just decided to go on the scale this am. Maybe I need a new scale :-)
  • LittleTrollCupcake
    Options
    It really is just water fluctuation. You shouldn't weigh yourself everyday for that exact reason! :) Go back to once a week and you'll be much happier.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

Like everyone else has stated, just fluctuation of water weight in the beginning.

Also, why are you keeping your fat intake low? Most of us eating Paleo are eating high fat, moderate protein and carbs, especially for lining out any hormonal issues and for weight loss.