Are you sore after every WOD?

Options
shaywallis
shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
Are you sore after every WOD?? Because I'm not. I mean, I was the first week, and maybe half of the second week, but now that I'm on my third week I find that I'm not really sore at all. Is that normal? Do you think that maybe I'm not pushing myself hard enough?

Replies

• Ohmegs
    Ohmegs Posts: 6
    Options
    For the first month I was. Now I am sporadically, depending on the WOD. If its something crazy like Angie, I will be sore the next day. But if its a 10m AMRAP of wall balls, burpees, and thrusters, I probably won't be.
  • shaywallis
    Options
    ugh, I think I need to push myself harder. We did 18min AMRAP of 5x hang cleans (45#), 10x push press (35#) and 150m run. I did 7 rounds. Afterwards I did 4x 15 toes to rings and 3min L hold for time (32 sec, 37sec and 1min). My abs are a tiny bit sure but thats about it. I'm going to try and step it up tomorrow.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm a month in and while not after every single WOD, most of them I admit I am. We did Randy two days ago and all my back muscles are still sore lol. Yesterday I upped the weight on the WOD doing 55# front squats and push press and I was death after that too.

I don't know that it's a requirement to feel death sore after every WOD, but I like to feel destroyed as weird as that is lol.....so I may tend to try to overdo sometimes....plus with a bum right knee (I tore my ACL 10 years ago) that will always have issues regardless :)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    My soreness has a time delay, not the day after but the 2nd day I'm sore.
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I would say 95% of the time I'm sore after a workout, and like Zilla usually 24-36 hrs after the WOD. If not I usually wonder if I went too light or could've pushed harder. It's not like a crippling pain or anything but more like sitting down is no fun because we did squats yesterday haha. I've been crossfitting for almost a year too for reference.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's not like a crippling pain or anything but more like sitting down is no fun because we did squats yesterday haha.

LOL love this, because you find yourself kind of just "falling" back when you get part of the way to the seated position lol
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Yeah when I sit down I say "Ow,ow,ow,ow,damn it!"
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yeah when I sit down I say "Ow,ow,ow,ow,damn it!"

lol and I don't want to bend over because it hurts my legs. :)

I get sore if I don't sleep enough.
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Like many have said before - for me it depends on the WOD. Filthy 50 - my WHOLE body was sore for about a week - even my scalp I think. Most of them I'm just really tight after and maybe slightly sore the next day. When I up the weight though I get sore!
  • shaywallis
    Options
    yea, I think I've been slacking. Its hard to have that extra umph when your up all hours of the night with an infant. Today I'm sore though =D As odd as it sounds, I had a little espresso before my workout and kicked butt!!
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Not every one. But when I am, it's the second day that sucks the worst.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Love DOMs but dont get them often. When I add some weight I will, or power lunges they seem to get me. I love it when it hurts walking down the stairs. ;) x
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    yea, I think I've been slacking. Its hard to have that extra umph when your up all hours of the night with an infant. Today I'm sore though =D As odd as it sounds, I had a little espresso before my workout and kicked butt!!

Have heard of several supplements/energy tables that have coffee in them, all """"pharmaceutically graded"""" of course supposed to help with the heart, will look for link ;) x
  • Sasquatchrider
    Sasquatchrider Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm always a little bumped up
  • shaywallis
    Options
    I just have to be careful about supplements since I'm exclusively breastfeeding my daughter. But what ever you post/share I'll look into = )
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Not after every WOD. I typically don't get sore after low rep higher weight days but the high rep days tend to make me more sore. For instance, lots of air squat or lunges get me every time. Usually, the soreness and stiffness accumulates over a few days until I take a light day or a day off.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Nowadays, I don't get sore very often but when I do, it hits me HARD. I have no idea why that is...
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I am but probably because I only WOD once a week, the other workouts are all just straight strength workouts. Strength workouts rarely give me DOMS. Oly lifting and metcons are DOMS-city for me though.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Not after every WOD. I typically don't get sore after low rep higher weight days but the high rep days tend to make me more sore. For instance, lots of air squat or lunges get me every time. Usually, the soreness and stiffness accumulates over a few days until I take a light day or a day off.
    Same with me - probably because on my non CF days I lift heavy. Am usually sore after hi rep air squats/push ups WOD's though.