Grieving a loss

Options
csue1970
csue1970 Posts: 17 Member
Hello everyone. I just re-joined MFP after about a year off. This has been a very trying year. Late in 2011 I lost my sister due to a very quick illness and subsequent death. Her loss has devastated me. I don't think I grieved much because right after she died I met my fiance and began a new relationship. So now I'm a bride to be (which totally excites me). But the loss of my sister is sort of coming to the surface. My emotions are all over the place with her loss now the upcoming wedding (this coming May). I had lost 60 lbs before she got ill. I've since gained 30 of those lbs back and I feel absolutely horrible about that. Some of my clothes I bought after losing weight don't fit anymore. Any advice or encouragement on how to get back on track (so I can get into this wedding dress) would be so helpful. Thanks :smile:

Replies

• TeraJo
    TeraJo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and so happy to hear of your engagement. Congratulations!

It is a day at a time process. Death is hard. Planning a wedding is hard. Losing weight is hard. Just one day at a time. Make a plan. Be okay with what happens. Focus on the good. Remember her love.

I wish you the absolute best of luck.