What Keeps you Motivated?

Options
Nmira09
Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
Hi Everyone,

I hope you're all having a great week so far. I thought I would start a topic on what motivates you to lose weight. I'll start....

One: I think that what motivates me is first of all knowing that my health won't be at risk years from now if I continue this lifstyle
Two: Fitting into clothes I've been wanting to wear for a long time! I'm saving a pair of jeans I would really like to fit into!
Three: I FEEL GOOD! The changes I've made keep me motivated because I find myself feeling more positive, less irritated/stressed, energetic and just feeling better!

So what motivates you?

Replies

• MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is what keeps me motivated, to hear that I am not doing this alone. That there are others that struggle with maintaining their weight just like me.

My husband compliments me when I wear my new findings (clothing) in the small section. I feel more confident no more muffin top when I wear my sexy jeans. It feels amazing! My family and I are going to central america in the summer and I want to wear a 2 piece bikini, and look good in it.
  • Nmira09
    Options
    This keeps me motivated too! We're all working hard and it is soo nice to hear all your stories!
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The buddy system definitely works! My sisters are also trying to lose weight so we help each other out, especially during times of temptation! And we work out together sometimes, too.

My motivation also comes from the fact that I feel better about myself when I am healthy. I also want to avoid health risks that run in my family (high cholsterol, heart problems, etc). I also want to feel comfortable naked! LOL
    Being able to fit into my old jeans, my old bathing suits, not afraid to show off my body. Ahhh, just writing this makes me want to go work out ASAP!
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The buddy system definitely works! My sisters are also trying to lose weight so we help each other out, especially during times of temptation! And we work out together sometimes, too.

My motivation also comes from the fact that I feel better about myself when I am healthy. I also want to avoid health risks that run in my family (high cholsterol, heart problems, etc). I also want to feel comfortable naked! LOL
    Being able to fit into my old jeans, my old bathing suits, not afraid to show off my body. Ahhh, just writing this makes me want to go work out ASAP!

I love everything about your post :smile:
    I feel the same way - just to be as confident as I was as a curvy Latina! We can do this.
  • Nmira09
    Options
    Yes!! I hate my lonja...sometimes when I sit I feel as though it looks bigger than my boobs and that is not cute! Lol I wanna lose it!
  • MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I hate my lonja...sometimes when I sit I feel as though it looks bigger than my boobs and that is not cute! Lol I wanna lose it!

I hear you loud and clear my sista!!