Cravings

Options
What time of day do you have the most trouble controlling cravings? What tricks do you use to battle them?

I struggle late afternoon and again later in the evening. I'm always looking for tips to control them. Lately I drink water, have a small bit of protein, or distract myself. What works for you?

Replies

• andreaperdue
    Options
    I usually struggle worst in the evenings. The most effective thing lately has been to try to work on an in depth Bible Study or read a good book. It I can challenge my brain in some other way it seems to take the cravings away. Last night, I had a friend here and we went for an after dark walk in the neighborhood. If I had not gone to walk I would have probably eaten something I did NOT need. I am thankful she was willing to go with me.

I also have issues when we are at party's are in other people's homes. They will have something I no longer eat like PIZZA and there is a part of me that somehow feels I am being cheated or something. This is even tougher for me!
  • lafauerbach
    lafauerbach Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Night time is when I get the urge to snack the most! Especially when I am watching tv. Last night I decided to paint my nails which would not allow me to snack on anything! :)
  • puppydogs2
    Options
    I slso have cravings worse in the evenings. Filling out my food diary, reading entries from today, looking for easy- nutritional-easy-tasty recipes on the web keeps my mind off of food and my hands too busy to feed my face! I love the idea of painting your nails as a deterrent.
  • melbeas23
    melbeas23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    stress and boredom are big triggers for me. If I cannot overcome with activity, exercise, reading, yoga, etc....then I try to make my "splurges" light and healthier than the alternative - light popcorn, pretzels, etc... but I haven't yet figured out how to appease the chocolate monster... i have had to just put a complete halt on that for now.... chocolate and salty cravings are the worst of my downfalls.....
  • melbeas23
    melbeas23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options