Success / Motivation Stories Please!

Options
I just rejoined MFP and found this group. The first time I joined I just used the app, lost 5 or 6b lbs, and lost interest.... I think I need some more motivation!

My story ... 5'11 .... cw 213 ... gw 165 (to be reevaluated then) I checked out MyBodyGallery.com and entered in 5'11 and looked at all the different weights, and even being tall we all carry it different. That is why I may need to reevaluate.

I was always around 165 (and felt fat then but what did I know). I got sick and lost 10lbs ....and then when I got better I started gaining, and gaining and gaining wayyyyy past the 10 I had lost. I ballooned to where I am now.

Then in 2010 I lost 40lbs using WW (on my own, not going to meetings) and swore I would never put it back on. Low and behold, here I am again. I got too comfortable and stopped journaling ... which I will likely have to do for awhile at least, even once I reach my goal.

I was reading the other posts and am wondering - how is everybody doing now? Have you reached goal weight? Lost a mighty big chunk? Updates and pictures encouraged!

I am looking for friends too - in many stages of their journey - I like the diary sharing for new meal ideas and combinations, because I always get tired of eating the same thing. But all my real life friends are thin (yep, I am the fat friend) so I need some support beyond them. Here is to 2013!

Replies

• susannahsutton1
    Options
    Wow, you sound like me. Same height, same weight and goal weight. I am the tall one, the fat one and the busty one. Send me a friend request. I am brand new and have no idea how this app works really as yet.
  • more_laur
    Options
    I added you Susannah. There is an icon at the top of the screen to indicate friend requests!

Be sure to change your privacy settings of your food diary to "friends". Part of the help of this program is being able to see what other people are eating. Don't worry, it doesn't give any of your other stats away :smile:

We can do it!
  • michelleintx
    michelleintx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I remember feeling "fat" at 165. I'd give my right arm to weigh 165 now...lol.
  • msalec33
    Options

This. I'm going to work my behind off to get back there!
  • ssotogarcia
    Options

This. I'm going to work my behind off to get back there!

I feel ya! Being a size 12 in high school at 6' tall wasnt fat at all but thats how we seen ourselves and got labled by the 5'4" 98# girls. Sad how we wished we were skinner then but wish we were there now!! Sigh** in progress!