Oh, I am destined to be fat...NOT!! 1/31/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Today is a mental challenge....we all know with health and fitness we must constantly reassess ourselves and our mission. We must evaluate our eating, exercise program and our current status and where we want to do.

So the challenge today is to ask yourself are you committed or interested? I read this in a blog and I find it quite interesting. Are
you casual about how you approach health? Indifferent? Workout but do the same thing...no challenge in it? Complain about not losing but really don't DO all the things it takes to see results?? Boy do I know all the excuses! Ha!

I will admit to you all from 2011 to say September 2012 I was interested but not committed. There is a vast difference...difference in how you think, react and actually put into action your goals!

Share if you want or journal or ponder on your own.

Peace,
WW

Replies

• MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    excellence!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll admit...

The past 2 weeks haven't been the best for me (barely working out and going over my calorie goals)
    I'm trying but not very hard. I know that even if I don't feel up to a workout that I NEED to be controlling what I eat. Today I'm getting back on the wagon.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes you need both interest and committment and the loss of either one can derail a person. I've had times that I was interested but not committed, these were the times that I rushed into the "magic weight loss cures" I wanted to lose weight, I went to these, spent a lot of money, lost weight, plateaued in such a way that even the places I went to couldn't figure out why they couldn't get me to lose more, lost interest because I was tired of denying myself everything except the "healthy diet" they wanted me on (I'm sorry I can only do plain chicken with a lettuce leaf twice a day for only so long before I crash and burn and want to eat real food again-no offense to the chicken or the lettuce leaf) and being told I could NEVER have the food I enjoyed EVER again (because it would make me fat if I even looked at it.....) I've had times that I'm committed but not interested, I want to lose weight, I just don't want to try. This tends to come and go a little more frequently depending on if I've been losing, gaining, or staying the same for an extended period of time. Right now I'm at committed and struggling with interest because of the gain over the last year, but hanging on because of how hard I've been exercising and starting to see some toning going on.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    lost interest because I was tired of denying myself everything except the "healthy diet" they wanted me on (I'm sorry I can only do plain chicken with a lettuce leaf twice a day for only so long before I crash and burn and want to eat real food again-no offense to the chicken or the lettuce leaf) and being told I could NEVER have the food I enjoyed EVER again (because it would make me fat if I even looked at it.....) I've had times that I'm committed but not interested, I want to lose weight, I just don't want to try.

OH I so feel every thing you just said here! Boy oh boy did I ever!
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    im interested and committed but im more commited to tone and tighten than to actually loose much.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am committed on most parts exercise being one. However my food choices needs work