NSV so far?

Options
Nikipowpez
Nikipowpez Posts: 60 Member
I actually have two.

The first (and biggest) one, my beautiful black diamond ring I haven't been able to wear since August FINALLY fits me again!! I've been trying it on a couple times a week for the past month or so. This week I could finally slip that bugger on my finger.

My second one, the "fat jeans" I had to buy before Thanksgiving (I outgrew all my other ones), are basically falling off of me. I constantly have to keep pulling them up and I can actually take them off without undoing the button or zipper. I tried on my smaller pants, and they are still a smidge too tight for my liking. I'm shooting for being able to wear them next week.

Anyone else have any? :happy:

Replies

• nmccray918
    nmccray918 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! :) That's awesome. Strangely enough, I always start to notice how my wedding band fits me when I lose/gain weight.

I had my first NSV yesterday when I was shopping. I found a dress that I really liked, but it was a size smaller than I normally wear. I tried it on and it was too big! I had to go down two dress sizes for it to fit me. I also put on a pair of jeans I've had that are a size smaller than the ones I regularly wear and they finally fit! They were even a bit loose.
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Pulled on some jeans and realised that the waist was absolutely swinging (NSV 1), looked for my belt which I haven't used for the year and was able to use a hole which I haven't as yet!! (NSV 2)
  • BoboGritt
    BoboGritt Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi. I guess I have one. Went to the gym today to re-enroll. I have lost about 100 since I have seen the guy who runs the joint. I went into his office to talk to him and when he looked up from his computer he uttered "holy ****". bahahahahaha

Felt pretty good.

Congrats to all of you on your success!
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I now tighten my belt tighter than before on my work pants. I put on a pair of jeans that I normally love to wear and are a lil lose around the waist (in a comfortable fat pants kind of way) well now I can fit both arms into my jeans and I tighten my belt to another notch tighter!! My boyfriend makes fun of my lose pants before, so I think it will be time to send these pants to another home. Yay for NSVs!!!
  • AtoZminus44
    Options
    I'm so new to this and naive that I had to google NSV. I could sort of figure it by context clues but wanted to know what the initials stood for, so if there's anyone who like me doesn't know, it's Non-Scale victory.
    Congrats to everyone sharing theirs. Continue the good work.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Goal on Sunday:
    Went to put on one of my favorite belts because my pants like to sag and found out. . . the belt holes don't go down far enough. I'd have to punch a new hole at least 2" from the last notch. Time to buy a new belt.

Goal this morning:
    I could see my toes on the scale without bending over, just looking down. Celebration tonight will be to paint my toes (I haven't done that in years!)

:bigsmile:
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Pants are beginning to sag! yippy!!
    People at work are starting to notice!
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    People at work are starting to notice that I'm losing weight (only lost 6 pounds I can't see it, but evidently they can). So that made me happy :)
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Isn't it fantastic when co-workers notice? I've been getting a few comments like that I'm loving each and everyone!!!
    My wedding ring is also now swinging like anything on my finger (one of the first places I always use weight) so much so that I'm thinking of having it resized so that it fits perfectly and I don't lose it!
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Some friends came to London from New Orleans a couple of years ago and gave me a chain with a Fleur de Lis pendant on it. I never wore it because it was so tight around my neck that it was choking me. I was sure they thought I didnt appreciate it but that wasnt true. I just felt so uncomfortable wearing it. Anyway... put it on last night and it's now loose and really comfortable. Hadnt even considered that weight loss may have occurred around my neck :)
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I had a NSV two days ago. Two things happened. A lady at work said "Are you losing weight? I can really tell!" and on my lunch I went for a walk and got honked at! LOL. I consider that a NSV I guess. Someone thought I was sexy, right? *grins* And my Lane Bryant size 14 pants are getting lose. They're my favorite slacks too... It's going to be bittersweet not to fit into them anymore. I know I only have a little while longer until they fall into the "fat clothes" pile. But I can move onto smaller sizes that I haven't been able to fit into. I have a pair of khaki's that I just love that are calling my name. I won't be able to fit into them until I'm close to my goal weight.

I've lost a total of 21 pounds so far! YAY!

Jennifer
  • kissmisskate
    kissmisskate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My biggest NSV is that my "puppy pants" are way too big! We have outside dogs and I wear an old pair of Mr's ACU pants out to see them, and lately I've noticed they're huge on me! And that's with a pair of thick thermals underneath... I image they'd fall right off if I tried them without the thermals! Such a good feeling. Good job everyone!
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    well here's mine. Yesterday I was so agrivated, I had to keep adjusting my panties and it was pissing me off. When I got home last night I realized the reason was because my panties are too big!
  • seligcrystal
    seligcrystal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Had my first nsv Monday at the gym. For the first time while doing the elliptical I stayed below the risk range (not sure if that's the actual term they use but that's what it basically meant) I was still burning my average calories per min that I usually do so its not like I was going easy, that was a huge accomplishment for me, especially with my anxiety, I always freak out when it tells me to slow down and goes just above into that "risk" zone
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    my size 14 jeans are huge on me. Im going to wait 5 more lbs before i try on the old 12. lol
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Happy to report a NSV this morning that made my day. I am having an uncomfortable bloated day and could not find my current comfy jeans this morning, there was another pair that I have been working towards fitting in, but I thought with the way that I was feeling there was no way it was going to happen......but I tried them anyway and they fit perfect, not tight, not uncomfortable

If that didn't make me feel good enough I decided to compare a picture of my face now with a picture from a few years ago cause I don't see the difference that others are talking about and now I do, feeling very motivated to push through some hardcore workouts this weekend and keep the progress going.

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!