SURVIVOR EXILE ISLAND CHALLENGE WEEK4

Options
So far we have had your challenges based on workouts... To mix it up this weeks challenge will be based on nutrition and healthier eating!

I want you to keep track of your servings of SIMPLE CARBS AND WHITE SUGAR! The person with the LEAST amount of servings-WINS IMMUNITY!!!! We are NOT counting carbs from fruits or vegetables.... Just from white pasta, white rice, white potatoes, white bread, any processed junk food like chips or crackers or cookies.....

If they are WHOLE GRAIN.... THEY DO NOT COUNT!!!!! ONLY WHITE, SIMPLE CARBS........

Here are some guidelines taken from LIVESTRONG.....

Two-thirds of a cup of cereal is 1 serving. Again, if it's a whole grain, healthy cereal... Does NOT count!
1/2 cup of rice or pasta are one serving of carbs
one slice of bread or half a bagel equals one serving of carbs
Look at serving size on a package of crackers or chips or cookies to know how much is a serving.....

Use your own discretion... Don't over complicate it but be honest with yourself and

REDUCE THOSE SIMPLE WHITE FLOUR, WHITE SUGAR, PROCESSED JUNK FROM YOU DIET!!!!!!!!!!

Keep track from FRIDAY THRU TUESDAY........ PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS ON TUESDAY BY MIDNIGHT!!!!

Do me a favor and when you've read and understood this, REPLY with a simple GOT IT, or I'M IN so I know everyone has seen this challenge!!!!! And I'll try to contact those who don't reply..........

Replies

• athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    got it
  • gdneff
    gdneff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    got it
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Got it. Immunity will be mine:wink:
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ok this I can do.... :happy:

Edit.... Question... I understand the counting servings of carbs... How do we count the sugar? Grams or servings? And only counting the foods made with white sugar like cookie and candy, or are we also counting sudo health foods like "health" bars?
  • eternity365
    eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    got it:)

I needed this challenge I promise myself to cut them every day but they stick to me:D
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm doomed :noway: :cry:
  • LadyZNW
    LadyZNW Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    got it
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Good luck you guys! We want you back on the main island!
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options
    Got it... But it's so hard :sad: Salads, meats and milk shakes it is :wink:
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Ok, I think I'm doomed, but I'm in anyway. :) This can be me trying to cut out the carbs. :)
  • purpleangelst1
    purpleangelst1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Got It!
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    got it!!!!
  • Heaven829
    Heaven829 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    got it
  • suzy1220
    suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Got it!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Ok this I can do.... :happy:

Edit.... Question... I understand the counting servings of carbs... How do we count the sugar? Grams or servings? And only counting the foods made with white sugar like cookie and candy, or are we also counting sudo health foods like "health" bars?

Great question! I was just meaning that a lot of your white flour foods will also have white sugar. I would say if your eating white sugar by the tbsp like in coffee, count it but otherwise just count your carb servings.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ok... I will count the pure sugar foods ( cakes, cookies, candies etc...) and any added sugar to my diet. Sweets are my downfall...so I will definitely work at eliminating the sugar this week. Sometimes it really does feel like an addiction.
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    OK CARBS WAS 25 SERVINGS NOT GOOD.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    10 servings of carbs and 2 chocolate chip cookies.
  • eternity365
    eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    28 so by, by, survivor challenge. But I'm leaving with a smile, as my weight is falling down again. Yay :D!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    10 servings of carbs and 2 chocolate chip cookies.

So far YOUR our immunity winner!!! But remember we have until midnight est for everyone else to post......

ONLY 10 SERVINGS!!!! NICELY DONE!!!!!! :flowerforyou: