Introducing myself

Options
First of all, this group format in new since I was on MFP a couple of years ago (full time). Interesting!
Glad to see there are some dedicated to PCOS since it's such a common yet pain in the rear end thing to deal with.

Here's my intro:

I'm 39 and I have 2 girls. The first I needed fertility meds to conceive so after she was born (with some defects) I was finished because I didn't want to go through that or put another baby through that ever again! She was born in 2006.

Fast forward a few years. In 2010 I started on my weight loss journey. I started out at 225 lbs and through diet and exercise I was able to get down to about 180-185.

Low and behold, I got pregnant on my own without meds in 2011. It was a complete surprise to us since we assumed we'd need medications to ever have another baby (and we went years prior to that without incident). Proof that weight loss REALLY helped!

So, baby is 16 months old (tomorrow) and I'm finally at the point where I want to get the rest of this weight off. Luckily I'm starting off in the low 200's but I'd like to shed about 40 lbs or so (we'll see).

That's my story in a nut shell :)

Replies

• kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat... I got pregnant the first time with the help of meds and a fertility doctor about 5 yrs ago. Then, about 3 years ago I decided to make some serious changes in my life and in about a year I lost 70lbs+. Then wouldn't you know it...I got pregnant again but this time on my own. Like yourself, it was to my surprise as I thought I was unable to conceive on my own. I freaked out for awhile because I thought I was going back to that ugly place I was last time I was pregnant. I had gestational diabetes, gestational hypertension, etc. and was on bedrest for 4-6 weeks. After I got over the shock of being pregnant I realized that I could make this pregnancy better this time around and I did. Sure, I gained back 40lbs+/- but I continued to exercise and eat relatively well and never had any of the issues I had the first time.

My daughter is 9 months old now and I have been working really hard and am about 10lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I am determined. I know if I did it once I can do it again :)

Having PCOS makes this even more difficult. Having support from someone who can relate would be wonderful. I'd love to add you so we can support each other.