What keeps you going...

Options
During a workout? Just posted this as my status but am so interested to know how others do it!

For me I think about the red "150" pinned up on my noticeboard :)

Replies

• toodloo
    toodloo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is crazy, but in the back of my mind I have a goal of reuniting with a certain group of people and looking AMAZING. (one of them may or may not be an ex who lives in another country) When I'm flagging during a workout I think about all the things that I want - like wearing a really small skirt in front of those people. ;)
  • bobbiboo24
    bobbiboo24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

I hope you don't mind me joining your group! I have never felt skinny or felt able to wear bikinis or shorts/skirts that show off my legs (ugh thunder thighs!!!) but I want that to change!!!!! I'm Bobbi, 25, Irish and currently 169 pounds... I want to go down to 133!

What keeps me going is like the girl above, wanting to look UNREAL in front of people from my past. Them to say "wow, you look great, did you lose weight?" and me to me all like "what? oh I hadn't noticed..." as if I've always been that fabulous and am above it! haha.

I also want to be able to go to the beach and look smoking! :)
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be fit before I am 30 so I only have three years to go =/

What keeps me going, when I dread the thought of working out some days is being able to go out and again, amazing all the doubters and thanks to facebook, all those who looked down those nose at me in high school. I was forever bullied about my weight and it would be nice to just turn around and go look at me now :P Seems a little petty but on the whole, from what I have learned, half of them have done nothing with their lives while I have moved away and got a good life. This would just be an added bonus!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    What keeps me going during a workout...knowing there is an inner skinny ***** and she is running like the ones next to me on the treadmill! :laugh:
  • blancaran
    blancaran Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thats a great question, usually it's when I see results. There's nothing like feeling beautiful in your own skin. It sounds kind of shallow, but I find myself loving myself more when I see that I'm progressing. It just brings out that happy bubble.
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When I think about all the times I've tried and failed and I think I could've already been there by now 4x over. I'm starting to understand the Nike just do it slogan.
  • Katrina_F
    Katrina_F Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Today was anger. Frustration at myself for letting me get to the point that I did and remembering that I am in control of what I am doing and letting someone else's actions make me feel less that whole. So hard rock and an hour and a half of cardio it was.

Typically though it's that I can change what I look like, and that I want to be able to wear a bikini and feel amazing in it for the first time in my LIFE. I want to be that girl that guys go daaaaaaaammn.

Using MFP has definitely kept my on track, I've been working out/logging my meals for 20+ days now and am down 10 lbs. That also helps with the motivation. :)