Is it 3 or 5 exercises?

Options
osualex
osualex Posts: 409 Member
I have the Stronglifts app on my iPod and I use it to track my workouts, but after looking online it looks like it might be missing some exercises. I usually do 5x5 of 3 exercises, but now I see there's 5? is there a reason I don't see them on the app?

Replies

• daoc1972
    daoc1972 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There are 5 total, but you only do 3 in each session.
    Workout A is Squat, Bench Press & Row.
    Workout B is Squat, Overhead Press & Deadlift.
  • chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you are looking at the newest stronglifts pdf from Mendi, there may be more than the 5 total. From what I understand he added back in a couple of "accessory" lifts which were part of the original program and then removed. With these additional "accessory" lifts, workout A is Squat, Bench, Row, Pushups, and reverse crunches. Workout B is Squat, Press, Deadlift, Chinups, and Planks. The last two in each workout are basically OPTIONAL. Which is good, because I am nowhere close to being able to do a chinup. I like the other accessory work, though, and do it if I have time. If I don't, I don't sweat it.

My stronglifts app on my iphone does not have the accessory lifts. I just put them in the notes.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ah ok, I think I saw something from the newest thing that confused me, thanks!