Arc Trainer questions

Options
TGGolfer
TGGolfer Posts: 35 Member
I just recently joined Planet Fitness and they have these Arc Trainers in there. I have used them 2 times and it seems like the next day I have lower back pain on my right side. Siactica nerve is pinching or something.

Has anyone tried this machine and had the same problem. I have done some research on it and it is the 770 model. This one doesn't have the moving handles.

My workout has been 10 to 20 min, level 40 to 50 and about 109 to 120 steps per min. Great machine but I feel like I need a adjustment from the back doc......

Replies

• vnconn
    vnconn Posts: 2
    Options
    I just gave the Arc trainer a try yesterday, spent about 20 minutes on it before I did my strength training. I had a lot of pain in my lower left back, above my hip. Don't know if I'll continue to use that machine, I feel like the motion on the elliptical is better for my joints.
  • TGGolfer
    Options
    It gets better the more I have use the machine.....no more back pain
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Make sure that you are pushing off of your heels and not the balls of your feet. I've been using the Arc ever since I signed up with the trainer at my PF and love it, its the only one I use for cardio.
  • TGGolfer
    Options
    Also make sure your moving the machine in the forward rotation instead of the backwards rotation. i think it makes a big difference in how your back and hips take the weird range of motion.