crazy Q. any mommies have baby tattoos or ideas?

Options
miami_mimi
miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
My hubby has my stepson n our son's footprints with their names n dob's tattooed on his forearms. I really want to get something for our 2 boys. I have thought of the footprints too, or maybe just their names or maybe something completely different. I have a Bengal tiger tattoo on my lower back, even thought of adding two cubs. Anyone have ideas? Or already have baby tattoos? I know not everyone likes tattoos, so if you disagree with them please refrain from making any offensive comments, I AM pregnant my hormones may get the best of me if you say something mean or unwelcome. Thanks :)

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    My cousin did the names and DOB of her twins. I've heard of footprints, too. I've also seen unfortunate renderings of babies' faces. Even done well, I'm not sure how good that would look.

The tiger cub idea is cute... Maybe hearts for your kids (two kids, so two hearts, or three if you include your stepson) with their initials? You could also add on a bigger heart with your husband's initials, or ditch the initials altogether. Those could be done very subtly, if that's what you want.

So hard to suggest... I have no tattoos, since they're not my thing, but I do admire others' sometimes :smile:

Edited to correct that my cousin's twins have one DOB, not two... Though I suppose they could have two if one was born just before midnight!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My cousin did the names and DOB of her twins. I've heard of footprints, too. I've also seen unfortunate renderings of babies' faces. Even done well, I'm not sure how good that would look.

The tiger cub idea is cute... Maybe hearts for your kids (two kids, so two hearts, or three if you include your stepson) with their initials? You could also add on a bigger heart with your husband's initials, or ditch the initials altogether. Those could be done very subtly, if that's what you want.

So hard to suggest... I have no tattoos, since they're not my thing, but I do admire others' sometimes :smile:

Edited to correct that my cousin's twins have one DOB, not two... Though I suppose they could have two if one was born just before midnight!

Lol@ DOB comment.

And yes I have also seen some terrible portrait tattoos. My husband has a portrait of his grandmother n it was done by TatuBaby (she was in the show ink master), n the tattoo is amazing! I also like some the precious moments portraits but im not sure if they would look nice as tattoos. I will probably get it done after I'm done breastfeeding, so I have time to get back in shape n ensure baby boy is free of any issues once I get it done.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have my kids names in a lovely script on my ribs... luckily have have enough room for one more name! My hubby has portraits on his chest. They are so cute, and really captured our babies!