Increased eating sooner?

Options
Shayztar
Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
Hi! I am currently 11 weeks pregnant and I'm using MFP to make sure I don't ever-eat during this pregnancy. I kinda have a bad habit of over-indulging in naughty foods when pregnant.

Anyhoo, I'm concerned because I am eating approx 2200 calories according to MFP maintenance. Recently, my MS is getting much better, and I'm RIDICULOUSLY HUNGRY. Last night I ate all my calories, but before I went to bed my stomach was growling like nobody's business, and I craved a bowl of cereal (not a giant bowl of ice cream lol). This morning I ate my standard breakfast, then had a mid morning fruit snack, then an hour before lunch I was so hungry I was light-headed! I ate an English muffin to tide me over, but I'm certain I'll have a full appetite by lunch time.

My question is this. Is it possible that I need to up my calories a little sooner than the start of 2nd trimester? I don't want to starve for the next 2-3 weeks. If I wasn't tracking, I would just eat and get over it, but I want to do things right this time around.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My morning sickness let up recently as well, I had a week or so of days over by maybe 300 or less calories most days. Now I am back under control so I think I needed the calories. I didn't gain weight from it either. Maybe give yourself a few days and see if it lets up (the hunger). This pregnancy thing is tricky!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If I let myself get over-hungry, I am very likely to get sick. I'll eat when I am hungry, even if it means going over for the day. At work, I plan to eat something about every 2-3 hours and if I'm not hungry, I won't eat then, but that is usually enough to keep me from the prego starving feeling.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys. You are probably right...there's not sense in depriving if I feel true hunger, right? It's not like caving to a bag of Doritos. LOL I should start eating more often. Its probably why I felt dizzy. Come to think of it, 2200 is a MFP guesstimate. I may burn more than that at maintenance. I never quite got to figuring out that number before I got pregnant again. :drinker:
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry even though it means I go over a lot. My midwife says my weight gain is perfect so far so I guess it's okay. I figure now more than ever is the time to listen to what my body needs.
  • sseratt
    sseratt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2 hrs like clockwork. Sometimes its 90 mins and then I am starving. I just try to make healthier decisions. Eating 2200 per day.