Stretching

Options
Is one meant to do the Stretch 10 right after Turbofire 30 or can I do it later in the day? The first time I attempted turbo fire, I skipped the stretching altogether( I know!!! bad me!) for a whole week , and my left knee got slightly injured and I'm thinking cause I didn't stretch it out after?...

Replies

• MuireannM
    MuireannM Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Its better to stretch straight after I think, when your muscles are warm from working out.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    It is better to stretch right after but i have done the stretch 10 for 4 weeks so i have it memorized. I dont always have time to follow along with the stretch 10 but i do my own with the same moves and all. Saves time and i still get a great stretch.
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Chalene says it's good to stretch after your muscles are warm, so I would think right after the workout is best. I have only done it twice and I know I will tire of it soon and may just do my own 5-10 minute stretch on my own right after the workout.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    To add to what was already said I would assume a knee injury would be more due to form than not stretching. I've had on again off again issues with one of mine, but this go round I'm paying hyper attention to my form and it has helped a lot.
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I usually stretch right afterwards...but sometimes, if I can't put the time in, I'll save the stretch for later in the evening right before I go to bed. Do what you can. There's no right or wrong way.
  • Jean251
    Jean251 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I learned that it's best to do stretching right after my workout. I need it even more whenever I feel sore. Just do it gently.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I stretch right after my workouts - always feels good to get a good stretch in after a tough workout
  • plumerialei
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses!! I just restarted Turbo Fire and have done the stretching two days in a row!:) It seems very boring but oh well!
  • plumerialei
    Options
    To add to what was already said I would assume a knee injury would be more due to form than not stretching. I've had on again off again issues with one of mine, but this go round I'm paying hyper attention to my form and it has helped a lot.

Yes, I need to pay more attention to form too, do you use the New to Class option every time or low impact? I have been sticking to low impact and been very very careful...
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i often find it too boring too to do so often. I usually do one of my yoga dvds for 10 mins instead, or steal the cooldown stretching from other dvds.