jeans stretch

Options
neaneawy
neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
Ladies, I had a very disappointing shopping trip for jeans this weekend. We're going on vaca. and I have nothing that fits, so I decided it's time to buy a few things even though I'm not quite to goal weight yet. I haven't been able to shop in a regular store for 6 or 7 years. I am shocked by how much the stretch content in the jean material has changed. I also noticed major discrepancies in jean sizing due to "vanity" sizing. At one store I was able to wear a 7/8. I am most definitely NOT a 7/8 at 5'9" and 173. I couldn't even wear a 7/8 in high school when I was 145. I tried Express, American Eagle, and Maurices. None of these stores had any jeans without stretch. Am I just stuck dealing with a saggy butt in my jeans after an hour or so of wearing them? Where do you get your jeans? I also can't spend an arm and a leg for one pair.

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Boosting this to come back - I have some old jeans from 2001/2002 that have no spandex/stretch and I love them. They're next to impossible to find now. HATE the saggy butt.
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have a pair from American Eagle that I got well over a year ago that SAY they have a certain amount of spandex in them but they hardly stretch out. Fast forward to this year when I ordered another pair of the SAME jeans SAME amount of spandex... & the saggy butt is ridiculous! The fabric looks & feels so much different; really disappointed. Hoping some of y'all will know some that don't sag!!
  • fingerpaints
    fingerpaints Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have some non-stretchy jeans from the Gap.
  • neaneawy
    Options
    Boosting this to come back - I have some old jeans from 2001/2002 that have no spandex/stretch and I love them. They're next to impossible to find now. HATE the saggy butt.

Yes, my old AE jeans are probably about 10 years old. They don't have any stretch and held everything in nicely while they fit. They're now way too big.
  • neaneawy
    Options
    bump
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Personally- I buy my "during weight loss" jeans at Old Navy. They're cheap and functional. Although they do have some of the spandex, it's not too much. Even though I do not have a butt, the "flirt" style makes my *kitten* look pretty good- and not droopy.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I usually get mine at Express, but TJ Maxx and Marshalls are go to places also.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I really like Gap jeans. They don't seem to have as much spandex as others, so they pretty much hold there shape.
  • katepsher
    katepsher Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Certain styles of Silver jeans hold their shape & aren't stretchy, from experience. I haven't owned a pair that's fit in a few years, but my SIL has a pair that she loves to death, and I recently tried some on - they had no give. I've seen them at Maurice's in the States. Not sure where else you'd buy them down there. Up here I used to get them at Below The Belt.

Once I get down to my goal size/weight I'm going to invest in a new pair of Silvers.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Totally agree about too much stretch, thin material. What ever happened to good American denim? I'm thinking the goodwill store may be my next destination for real jeans.
  • Narleta
    Narleta Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Silver's are my number one jean that hold their shape well and don't stretch but I just bought a pair of Wrangler Q Baby's and they are fav! Just enough stretch but they hold their shape for days on end. Plus they come in long inseams. You can find them in any Western wear store. I get lots of compliments on them. Both are a bit pricy in the 60-100$ range.
  • smr1181
    smr1181 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lucky Brand Jeans have certain styles that have no give also.
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have pretty good luck with Old Navy. I tend to run larger through the legs though and wear the curvy Sweetheart jeans. My sister who is 6'3 has thinner legs and buys hers at Vanity.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I was really struggling with this issue as well as jeans that sit at/above my navel which was really uncomfortable. Two months ago I discovered YMI brand jeans and I'm probably not going to wear much else. They're very long (great since I'm tall!), sit above where it'd create an awkward 'muffin top' but below my navel AND they don't sag throughout the day.

I bought them at Dot's and Tilly's. Tilly's and the YMI website has them on sale right now for as low as $10 and I bought two more pairs. Oh, and they're really great looking jeans!