Weekly chat thread Mon 2-4 to Sun 2-10

Options
Starlage
Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
Well, hopefully others join in. The other thread kinda died quickly!

After yesterday's superbowl foodfest and not working out, I've been doing well today! Eating nice and even, I'm planning on exercise after work- today will be the 55EZ. I'm interested to see why these are titled "EZ", this'll be my first one. TOM should start anyday here, so I'm horribly bloated today, bleh. Still gotta get my workout on though!!!

Anyone else?

Replies

• tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Fire 55 EZ has only 2 fire drills, so maybe thats why its EZ. Or maybe less jumping? Not sure lol.

I haven't done 45 EZ yet, its scheduled for tomorrow though so I'll have more to compare.
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Last week was my first week and it went really well. I had tried Turbo Fire awhile ago and got burned out after a month, and didn't really enjoy it, but this time around I actually do like it. I don't think I'm heading towards burnout but it's too soon to say, I guess. I did have fun today with Fire 45 though.
  • sarah692
    Options
    Tomorrow will be HIIT 20. I'm following the schedule my friend gave me since she gave me the program, not sure if it's the official one or not haha. I modified it a little since I need Fridays off instead of Wednesdays, and need stretch 40 to always be on Sundays.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I don't get the EZ thing either. I did 45EZ tonight it was harder than 55EZ and there are NO fire drills. I have to do it again tomorrow. This is week 8, funny enough called the Recovery week.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I pushed play today and did fire 55 ez and CLX abs burner. Good times. They say the ez workouts are lighter as in less jumping and less fire drills. I think they labled them wrong. :) I am just getting over TOM. and weigh myself on sundays so I have no idea where I stand. I'll see next week and I will be taking measurements then too. I hope for good results. :) Also sundays are my rest days. I didn't enjoy wed rests so I changed it to suit my needs. It works, Have a great night! Keep pushing play!!!!!!!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Fire 55 EZ has only 2 fire drills, so maybe thats why its EZ. Or maybe less jumping? Not sure lol.

I haven't done 45 EZ yet, its scheduled for tomorrow though so I'll have more to compare.
    Personally I find 45 EZ harder than the regular 45, but it's my favorite!

My rest days are Sunday, today I had Sculpt 30. I prefer the Tone, but it wasn't bad today. Tomorrow is Core.

The best is after today's workout I'm officially halfway through the 9 week prep! (again) I'm feeling a lot stronger this time around.
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I did 55EZ, one of my faves along with Fire 45. I'm in Week 9 and it's been 2 weeks since I did 55EZ and I really missed it. My rest day is on Saturdays and that works better for me.

Hope you're all pressing "play"!
  • MuireannM
    MuireannM Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love Fire 45EZ, much prefer it to 55EZ, doing it this evening and really looking forward to it.

Didn't exercise yesterday. I was absolutely exhausted, time of month and I'm not getting any sleep at the moment, so went completely off the rails on sugar. But onwards today, back on track!
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Fire 45EZ is a lot harder than Fire 55EZ for me - you start to look forward to the recovery after the fire drills in 55EZ, whereas you don't get any of those in 45EZ. I haven't gotten to the fire45, fire30, etc classes.
  • sarah692
    Options
    I think 45EZ is harder than 55EZ but I enjoy it more because 55EZ just feels like it drags on and on... especially with two finales. lol
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Wow, PEOPLE! The thread picked up! Work’s been busy today, I haven’t had my usual slacking off time! LOL. I’m horribly bloated today (I think TOM’s starting today) but I’m still planning on day 6; Fire 30 (guna skip the stretch 10, did it yesterday. Gunna do 30 mins of MTV yoga instead!)

The 55EZ wasn’t “easy” per se, but it was definitely easier when compared to the fire 45 (the one I know so well because I’ve had it mixed into my routine after getting it off ebay a month ago). It was fun, but I kept wishing it was moving faster. I enjoyed it for an easier but still tough workout.

@tawnierose, you prep your lunches for the week? GOOD FOR YOU! I always envy people like that, I change my mind too often about what I want to eat for lunch to have it all pre-planned :smile: I don’t record every little loss on mfp either. I figure it’s only a “true” loss if I’m seeing the number more than once in a week’s time!

@sarah692 I’m following a different schedule too. The set I got on ebay didn’t come with the schedule and once I got the dvds I realized that the set has the advanced dvds in it! So I googled for a 20 week schedule that includes the advanced workouts towards the end.
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Today is day 3 of week one, and since I am modifying the schedule to be only 4/5 days a week, I did Fire 30 and Fire 55EZ today.

I feel like I am going to really be sore tomorrow, but I absolutely ADORED 55EZ. It reminded me a lot of my most favorite Turbo Jam workout (punch, kick and jam). Fire 30 is still so challenging to me (I've only done it twice), and I hope that I improve over time. I had to stop 3 times for about 45 seconds to catch my breath during that workout.

During 55EZ, I only stopped once about halfway through. Either way, really proud of myself and proud of everyone in this group! These workouts are challenging and I think everyone deserves a high five for working out to them.

:)
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I just started week 5 of Turbo Fire. My all time favorite is 45 EZ. Dont mind 55 EZ either. Today was Fire 30 and i enjoyed it. So far i am loving Turbo fire. Cant wait to see what my results are. Lets push play guys! We can do this!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Guess what? YOU'RE NOT TIRED!
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!! But I really I am tired and sore and I pulled a muscle. :( I pulled my "collar bone muscle" Iol I told my hubby that and he knew exactly what I was talking about. It hurts like heck and I know I did it doing push ups. I did fire 55 yesturday and I think I was keeping tension in my shoulders. Not Good. So I will be resting till it feels better. I did try to muscle my way through my workout today but had to stop and now it hurts worse.Hubby says it will take a while to heel since you use it all the time. Alright I am done whining now. @Monica- You are right everyone is doing such a great job and working hard. It will pay off!!!! Keep pushiong play ladies!!!!!! :) Who's House??
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Started week 13! Woohoo! I did fire 60 for the first time yesterday (great routine and music) and lower 20 (holy thigh burn, you really do look forward to the squats lol) was a new dvd for me today.

I don't know if anyone else follows Chalene on facebook, anyway her status today was too good not to share:

"Garbage in, garbage out. This rule applies to mind, body, and soul. It doesn't matter how good you look on the outside, if you're not nurturing your mind, and soul, you'll never "feel" good about your purpose in life. Living a "Fit-Life" isn't a destination, it's a practice. It's a daily application of positive, empowering food for your mind, body, and soul.

Be well! Live strong! Power ON!"
  • MuireannM
    MuireannM Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been doing turbo fire in the evenings for the last few weeks but due to time constraints I did my workout at 6am this morning. I noticed a big difference in my energy and calorie burn, I am so better able in the evenings and burn so much more calories, which is a shock to me! I always considered myself a morning exerciser, always did Turbo Jam in the mornings and have only recently become an evening exerciser and was very reluctant at first, but think I'll be sticking to evenings as much as possible after that!

@Vini9 is it your rotator cuff, reading your post all I can hear in my head is Chalene in stretch 10 saying 'When your rotator cuffs hurt, Man you are out of commision!' lol Hope it heals soon for you.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I started a lifting routine this week, so have switched around the schedule a little to add the shorter workouts after my lifting on Mon, Wed and Fri and doing the longer ones on my 'rest' days in between then taking Saturday as my full rest day. This also means I'm not doing the Tone and Sculpt workouts but I am trying to fit in Core and Stretch 40 because I love 'em.

Consequently, I'm so freaking tired today from the shock to my poor weak muscles, I'm going to need a big push of willpower to get Fire 30 on later today. Eek!
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Guess what? YOU'RE NOT TIRED!

^ this.

Chalene is awesome with motivating during workouts, at least for me :)
  • sarah692
    Options
    HIIT 15 today! I did less modifications this time. I'm supposed to do the tone one today I think, but I don't have proper bands for it so I'll probably just improvise later when I get home.