Paleo

Options
Paleo or not paleo?

I dont eat wheat or gluten, just because it makes me ill and bloats me............ I cut out dairy, but I do sometimes fall over an Eton Mess and it then falls into my mouth :blushing:

I do try and eat organic meats, TRY as sooooooooo expensive, my menu consists of ...........

Chicken
Turkey
Sweet pots
Curly Kale
Cauliflower
Salad
Onions
Avacado
Eggs, eggs and more eggs
Nuts, brazil, almond, walnuts
Berries
Some fruit, very fussy.
Most probably have missed out loads but thinking you get the idea.

Anyone have any good recipes to share?

Raw cocoa powder, with warm raw organic coconut oil, nuts, soaked for at least 4 hours (easy to much up) can add raisins or dates, mix and put in a container, then put in fridge. Leave for couple of hours, then slice and eat, only have small pieces, lovely after a WOD when I know I am not going to make a meal in the next hour.

Another, chocolate mouse

Avocado, 2, add cocoa powder, mix with some coconut milk or water, pour into containers, leave to set. My mini-mes thought it angel delight, they dont touch anything without asking anymore ;) x

Easy paleo frittat

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1983505174/easy-paleo-frittata lovely dish, taste sooooooo good and lasts for a day after too!

x

Replies

• Sasquatchrider
    Sasquatchrider Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Paleo or not paleo?

I dont eat wheat or gluten, just because it makes me ill and bloats me............ I cut out dairy, but I do sometimes fall over an Eton Mess and it then falls into my mouth :blushing:

I do try and eat organic meats, TRY as sooooooooo expensive, my menu consists of ...........

Chicken
    Turkey
    Sweet pots
    Curly Kale
    Cauliflower
    Salad
    Onions
    Avacado
    Eggs, eggs and more eggs
    Berries
    Some fruit, very fussy.

Raw cocoa powder, with warm raw organic coconut oil, nuts, soaked for at least 4 hours (easy to much up) can add raisins or dates, mix and put in a container, then put in fridge. Leave for couple of hours, then slice and eat, only have small pieces, lovely after a WOD when I know I am not going to make a meal in the next hour.

Another, chocolate mouse

Avocado, 2, add cocoa powder, mix with some coconut milk or water, pour into containers, leave to set. My mini-mes thought it angel delight, they dont touch anything without asking anymore ;) x

Easy paleo frittat

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1983505174/easy-paleo-frittata lovely dish, taste sooooooo good and lasts for a day after too!

x

I'm pretty much in love with the Practical Paleo cookbook I bought a month or so ago...
  • JScarbo
    Options
    One month into it. Not perfect yet, have a lot to learn. Taking some "Whole 30" challenge this month.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I choose to not paleo... I IIFYM.

Buuuuut....

I minimize gluten and focus on whole foods for my macros as much as possible. The personal need to be strict and fail repeatedly really bit me in the *kitten* overall.

I had some valuable take aways from it, like realizing the gluten issues, that I can be quite content with relatively low carbs (not a paleo necessity, I know), and that wholesome, minimally processed food can be just as satiating as the highly processed convenience foods that seem to dominate the SAD these days.
  • littlehokie
    Options
    I tend to eat more primal than paleo but am not perfect. Everything in moderation is my motto. :-P
  • srgolden
    srgolden Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    12 days in to our 30 Day Challenge. So far, so good! I feel better, my headaches are GONE!, and the weight is dropping off (8 lbs in 12 days.) Here is a great muffin recipe, easy and delicious:

Paleo Muffins
    Options: double carrots, zucchini, sometimes raisins, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and ground flax. Make sure the bananas are really ripe…if not, add a bit of honey. (I use ripe bananas and no honey, no honey allowed on 30 day challenge.)

2 cups almond flour
    2 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp sea salt
    1 tablespoon cinnamon
    1 cup dates, pitted
    …3 ripe bananas
    3 eggs
    1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
    ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
    1 ½ cups carrots, shredded
    ¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped
    Muffin paper liners (or spray tin lightly with olive oil)

In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon

In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil (I used a blender)

Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Blend dry mixture into wet until thoroughly combined. Fold in carrots and walnuts. Spoon mixture into muffin tins.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes (or about 18 min. for mini muffins)

Makes 18 muffins (or about 36 minis)
  • Vmg773
    Vmg773 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • seaneagen
    seaneagen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We just picked up the cookbook it is great!

Paleo or not paleo?

Chicken
    Turkey
    Sweet pots
    Curly Kale
    Cauliflower
    Salad
    Onions
    Avacado
    Eggs, eggs and more eggs
    Berries
    Some fruit, very fussy.

Another, chocolate mouse

Easy paleo frittat

x

I'm pretty much in love with the Practical Paleo cookbook I bought a month or so ago...
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    bump!