Activities!

Options
newdaydawning79
newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
Anyone want to share what they're doing to get some cardio or strength training in? This way we can get some new ideas and support one another to keep pushing!

Replies

• Sindaelys
    Sindaelys Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For me it's going to be the 30 day shred. Simple plan to follow, quick (if intense!), and doesn't require anything I don't have! I'm excited to see what my upper arms and thighs can turn into!
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    For me it's gym time...3-4 times a week for 20-30 minutes. Today on top of that I have to shovel the driveway/sidewalk and I spent over an hour hauling boxes of materials around at work. Craziness!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Running, walking, weights, stationary bike and rower. Elliptical sometimes, too.
  • HOLLEE85
    Options
    as of right now I'm doing turbofire and brazil butt lift......I also do some weight training.....And when I'm not working out I'm usually going for a walk (even if it is just to the mall to look around).....And Just dance, Dance Central.....It's fun and burns extra calories :D
  • df1982
    df1982 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    In a perfect world, I try to do spin classes three times a week. On the other days I try to make it to an aerobics class that includes strength training, or I do more cardio on the elliptical machine. I also try to do yoga twice a week - easy classes that are mostly about stretching and relaxation, but there is some strength in there too.

In reality, I don't get to the gym everyday - on those days, I try to walk to and from work (80 mins total).

I love running but I am dealing with injuries right now. I've found in the past that joining a running group and signing up for a race (even with the goal of run-walking it) is a fantastic way to drop some weight and stay consistent. Hoping to start that up in the summer if I can get my injuries under control.
  • amrie81
    amrie81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Starting with C25K, finishing Week 1 today. I'll add weight training later.
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love going to the gym but so far I have only been able to go once a week for about an hour and a half as a guest with a friend. Although last night we hit it harder than usual once I told her about my goal to lose 6 lbs for this challenge. We were there for over 2 hours.That's about to change though. I am getting my own gym membership for my birthday next week. Yay! I will aim to go for at least an hour 3 times a week. I'm excited.
  • SemiSweet510
    Options
    I've been alternating between 30 DS & doing cardio plus strength training at the gym
  • Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I try to go for a trail run 5 days per week in the mornings (20-35 minutes depending on the route I take), I go mountain biking 3-4 times per week in the afternoons (depending on the rain) and then try to go on an hour+ hike at least once per week. Also try to do some form of weight training 3x per week (mostly just body weight and resistance band exercises atm).

Only been at it for a month, but I've been enjoying this schedule a lot, and thus far it seems to be aiding in the weight loss.
  • milliman28
    milliman28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am doing to Insanity workout program, and it is REALLY hard! I can't keep up with a lot of it, but it makes me feel like I really got my butt kicked, and it is usually only 30-45 minutes with warm and cool down.
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    Wow you all! You're making me feel like a slacker! :D

You're all a great inspiration!
  • robynw143
    robynw143 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For Strength I have a trainer on Monday and Wednesday nights this is what we had to do last night for the hour session. I did planks, ropes (4 different kinds), squats, side lunges, sumo squats, squats while doing ropes, squats with a medicine ball, TRX, burpee's, mountain climbers, Free weights (3 different exercises), jumping up and down, and jump rope.
    1 min on 30 seconds rest and I did all of them twice.

It was death. I am not a small person in fact I look funny doing them.

Tonight I will spin for cardio.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I do Stronglifts 5x5 Mon, Wed, and Fri followed by C25K Tues, Thurs, and Sat. However, my back is acting up so I'm only doing bench and OHP in Stronglifts right now.
  • SherryAnneSW
    SherryAnneSW Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do all my workouts at home. I have weights and a treadmill that I try to use everyday.
    I found a workout program to follow and I hop on the treadmill 4-6 times a week.
    The treadmill can get pretty boring so I had my husband make a shelf in front of the treadmill so I can watch (part of) a movie while on the treadmill. And it really makes the time on the treadmill go by much faster.
    Plus on Tues. and Fri. I go to a drop-in adult basketball. No one shows, maybe two other people. but I keep myself moving while there. Thats pretty much it. I am looking into going to fitness classes at the community centre. We will see maybe next week I will start going.

Sherry
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    I'm going to start adding strength training to my routine within the next couple weeks. I already do some circuit training but not a full workout of weights. Want to start to tighten up these muscles and get some inches gone! :D
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start adding strength training to my routine within the next couple weeks. I already do some circuit training but not a full workout of weights. Want to start to tighten up these muscles and get some inches gone! :D
    I'd have to recommend SL5x5. It's a compound lifting program (not isolation), so it'll work the majority of your muscles. This is of course if you don't have anything already planned.
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    I'd have to recommend SL5x5. It's a compound lifting program (not isolation), so it'll work the majority of your muscles. This is of course if you don't have anything already planned.

I definitely don't...I'll have to look it up! Thank you!!