exercise

Options
For those of you who have time to exercise could you tell me what you do?
I am trying to come up with a workout routine I can stick to that doesn't take more than 30 min. Right now I am lucky if I have that much time. I tend to come on here while doing school work so I am multitasking...lol

Replies

• CLivingston722
    CLivingston722 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We are lucky to have a treadmill that's setup in our bedroom. I plugger 'er in and watch an episode of Law & Order on Netflix and walk for about 30-35 minutes. Then my husband takes his turn on the treadmill. While he does that I do some arm exercises with 5 lb free weights, crunches, side oblique crunches, side leg lifts using the weights (usually I do 2 sets of 15 each) and then I do 50 squats. All this usually takes me about a half hour and I stretch out too. So total, my hubby and I spend about 1 hour working out together and the time flies!
  • StaceyMayfonz
    StaceyMayfonz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! The only time my husband works out with me is when we go on family hikes. Fortunetelling it is too cold to do that for now. I can not wait until warmer weather gets here.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the Couch to 5K program. 3 sessions a week, 30 minutes a session for 9 weeks. I have a fitness center at work, so I can go during lunch one day a week or so. I can do it outside the rest of the time. I can put the kids in my double jog stroller and do it with them, if necessary. It's really worked for me.
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to do something at home there are of course alot of Home workout DVDs or grab a fitness/shape magzine. I get them and tear the workout out and put them in a big 3 ring binder book... That way I have already planned out workouts..

I have a stack I need to go through at home now.
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Check out YouTube- they have a ton of work outs on there. All different kinds too!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I love Shape Magazine for fitness ideas!
  • healthysista66
    Options
    I mix up my exercise routine. I love working out with DVDs. Kickboxing, Zumba, Tabeo, anything that keeps me moving and dancing. I also attend a dance or Zumba class a couple of times a week to mix things up, in addition to my strength training. You can also check out Amazon for DVDS too,
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely addicted to Zumba i've seen what great things come from it. I could barely do a 20min work out..an hour of zumba is wonderful and yes I sweat quite a lot!!. Also I have been doing 30dayshred with Jillian michaels. I try to do this during my sons nap time. If he doesn't nap well... I do it when he goes to bed. Either way I know I need to get it done!
  • bbhforevea13
    Options
    I agree. I just typed in workout and exercise and a ton of stuff came up. Fun stuff too! It is always different so it keeps my attention rather than a DVD I purchase and see over and over and over . . . .
  • reginaclay
    reginaclay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian Michaels get ripped in 30(days) The routines are approximately 24 minutes in length and that includes warm-up and cool downs. It doesn't take a lot of time and they really give you a run for your money. Hope that helps! :smile:
  • StaceyMayfonz
    StaceyMayfonz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips and ideas.:happy: