Initial Weigh In's and Introductions

Options
mlanggin88
mlanggin88 Posts: 209 Member
Hey guys,

My name is Melissa. I have been a member on MFP since August 2012 and have participated in many challenges. My goal for any challenge I set up is for each person to find a routine they can live with that is healthy and happy.. In this challenge I will input a weekly challenge to help us learn great habbits. Initial weigh in's will be now and until Feb 15th.... If you would like to start now you can or you can start when the challenge officially starts up right after Valentines Day... I have a VDAY challenge also running until VDAY so you can join that as well..

I look forward to meeting you all and continuing my journey down the path of healthy living.

Replies

• determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm Erin, age 22, and joined MFP last year. I want to be committed every day to losing weight and becoming healthy. I've been on this site every day of 2013 and will continue to be. I grew up with my mom's delicious home-cooked comfort meals. I never learned how to eat properly and live healthy. It's a struggle, but I'm trying my best and learning every day!
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kat, I'm 23 and I have a history of failing at challenges! I joined MFP last year and I keep getting close to my goal and then slipping up, so hopefully this group will help me stay on track!
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Amanda. I have just recently been diagnosed with Celiac's Disease which means my body is gluten resistant . This is a very life changing disease and hopefully during this challenge I can get some help and support along the way from my fellow MFP Friends! :heart: XOXO!!!
  • mlanggin88
    mlanggin88 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone..... SO nice to see and meet all of you..

Amanda, I know you have been going through so many changes lately.. Let me know if you need anything.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Marlene. I have been using MFP since July of 2011...I reached my goal weight November 2011..and held steady till this last summer.. I have gained about 8 pounds back..which is fine.

I usually dont weight myself..just because I use how I look in the mirror and my clothes as a gauge of how I am doing. I usually diligently log my food..

I am currently doing the New Rules of Lifting-Supercharged..I have also picked up Spinning..since I want to bike ride during the summer.

Today is day 1 of doing lifting and spinning back to back..in hopes of getting my bodyfat down to 24%...

current weight 145...bodyfat 30% (but I dont think I believe that...)
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    Thanks Melissa! :heart: I forgot my weight in 162lbs.

Also you go Marlene I will be rooting you on! :flowerforyou:
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Jamila. I'm a member of the V-day challenge and am excited to begin this new challenge. I will be weighing in following V-day.
  • SlimmerJolea
    SlimmerJolea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 4. I work 2 jobs and usually 6 to 7 days a week. Trying to find time for myself is so hard. Sometimes I just need to breath and I don't have the time to catch my breath. I started weight watcher 3 weeks ago and I am doing really well. I am slowly working exercise into my life also and I have cut out one day of work also. My goal is to have 2 days free for myself at some point. :smile:
  • smallmuscleathelete
    Options
    Dear all, I started MFP 3.5 weeks ago and my initial weight was 148 lbs. This morning is one of my "proudest" moment: 139.8 lbs! It's been a while to see myself under 140 lbs!
    I still have about 22 lbs to go (as I'm only 5'3), having a 4 weeks challenge is going to be nice, not to mention meeting new friends! I'm with Jamila, also doing the V-day challenge right now. If it's okay with you guys, I'm going to use my v-day weigh-in as my initial weigh in for this group.
  • Lmom1
    Lmom1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Marsha from WI

Mt daughter got me started on MFP after she lost weight before her wedding. I am going to Florida March 20th, so this challenge works for me. Was a life time Weight Watchers member till our leader retired and I lost interest a few years ago. I am nine pounds above my goal weight, but I will be happy to get 4-5 off by St Pats.

My initial weight is 135 for this challenge.

Good Luck everyone!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

My name is Amity and I've been a member on MFP for about a year... with very inconsistant tracking! In 2008 I started a weight loss journey that ultimately led to a 120lb weight loss. Over the last wo years or so I have seen my weight creep up leading me to be 40 lbs over a reasonable weight for my height (5'5") and 60lbs over my lowest weight. I am looking to lose 40lbs. I am not looking to do it unreasonably fast but slow and steady. I am excercising about an hour a day, 3x per week and eat about 1200-1500 calories per day. Looking forward to encouraging all of our successes!
  • ztor
    ztor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I'm Tina and currently I am doing fa Valentine's Day Challenge as well. I've been a member of MFP since early 2012 or earlier (can't remember), and I have been going up and down on the scale for awhile... Hopefully with all these small challenges I can get down to a healthy weight or down two pant sizes :happy: ! We can do this!!!
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Kim. I just joined today. I have struggled to lose weight for a couple years now, and moving back with my mom only added on the lbs. I am 152 right now and I hope watching what I eat and being aware of my behaviors will help me make a great lifestyle change. Lets do this!
  • NeloBelo
    NeloBelo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Nelo and my weight has been yo-yo'ing for way too long. I am trying to get it to a health range for once in my adult life. I want to lose 30lbs and hope that these small challenges will help me keep on track. I am 5'4 and weigh 160lbs. Let's do this!
  • Risarox
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Lorisa. I like the idea of a St. Patty's "Lucky" weightloss challenge. I know it will take alot more that luck to reach my goal and I am commited to do all I can to be successful. This is my first week in the 12 week Body for life challenge. I've used MFP to track calories and exercise off and on but it's time to really get serious. I've found 30 lbs of the original 70 lbs I lost in 2008 this time I want to permanently remove it. St. Patty's will also celabrate one year with the sweet man in my life. So it will be great to ad some support to my to mark 8 weeks in my B4L program. I am done with the yo yo of weight loss & weight gain ready to remove and rejuvenate my life with healthy habits. I am 5'7 180 right now.
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is also Melissa. I'm excited that I found this challenge, because St. Patrick's Day weekend is my first 5k. I'm hoping this will help keep me motivated as I try to make as much progress as I can before then. I've been on MFP for about 6 months and had been doing great, and then had a rather disappointing January. I'm looking forward to the push for extra motivation to get this year back on track!
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kristi and I too like small weight loss/goal challenges. I had one for Valentine's Day, but due to some cold weather and a broken truck door wasn't able to weigh on a weekly basis, but now everything is fixed and hopefully spring is on it's way here soon. Or at least he snow stays away!

I have currently lost 25 lb, but decided this week to wipe the slate clean for the new year and these new challenges. I have also taken my marbles out of my Pounds Lost mason jar and starting over there too. I'm hoping it gives me more motivation to get that ticker moving again. I am proud of the 25lb lost, but I have been stuck there for a while. I was doing Weight Watchers, but that got to be too expensive. I can weigh for free where I get my wheelchair worked on. Yes, I am doing this weight loss journey from a wheelchair. I have been paralyzed since I was 15 and this is the first time I have committed to a weight loss. I have gone up and down most of my life due to Predizone, and sitting 24/7.

I have 3 friends getting married in the Spring and want to lose some weight for them as the dresses I got, fit, but are a little snug. I want them to fit perfect!! My ultimate goal is to be around 140ish. Give or take a few pounds on either side of that number. :)
  • soccerchica02
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Hillary. I've tried other challenges (the shortest being 6 weeks) and I've really struggled to remain motivated after those first 3-4 weeks, so this group sounds absolutely perfect for me! There's something about setting those more short-term goals that help reassure you that they are within reach.

I am 100% an emotional/stress eater. I definitely struggle with trying to find the motivation to workout/eat right after a full day of classes (which is a total excuse). These past 8 months have been especially difficult, as I have gained a little over 9 pounds since June (and about 14-15lbs since last November when I ran my first half-marathon).

My ultimate goal is to lose about 16-17 pounds and get back down to the weight I was when I ran my half-marathon. I just want to be consistent and stop these unnecessary fluctuations. But most importantly, I really want to love my body again!

I am just under 5'4" and 136 pounds.
  • dkmsindependent
    dkmsindependent Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Danae. I started a few challenges during the holidays and didn't stick with them. I realized that a challenge also needs to be realistic.
    I was doing well before the holidays and then sorta fell off the band wagon and went back to binge eating.
    I currently weigh 136 lbs.
  • babygirl0321
    babygirl0321 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Tiffany. I am very new to this site. I have had the app on my phone since last Tuesday but didn't seriously and consistently start tracking my food until yesterday. My initial weigh in is 150 lbs. I am 5'4" and want to ultimately loose about 25 lbs. I am getting married at the end of June and would love to meet my goal weight (or close to it) by then. I love the idea of these short term challenges and can't wait to weigh in each week and be held somewhat accountable.