Hello, I'm New to here.

I was just diagnosed with PCOS yesterday. I at the moment weigh 184. My target weight is to be 147. I was wondering if I could get some pointers on how everyone else is losing the weight. Starting today I have cut out soda. I may drink one can every one and awhile, but that's it.

Replies

• Qfrump
    Qfrump Posts: 64 Member
    Sorry about the diagnosis. I am a recent joiner also, and have found this group to be incredibly helpful. It was easier than I expected to give up soda. I just stopped buying it. If a drink is included in my meal, I may still get a Dr. Pepper, but rarely. Think of how much you'll be saving in calories and money!. Sodas at restaurants can cost $3!

Have you been tested for insulin resistance?

I'm not sure what your current exercise routine is, but taking a 30 minute walk everyday is a great way to jump start things. Also, there are lots of drop in fitness classes at the Freestone Rec Center in Gilbert for $4. The Zumba classes are especially fun! You can find a schedule online.
  • I have yet to get tested for insulin. My doctor said she wants to and that I need to do it within the next month or two. I want to do it soon, I'm thinking maybe next week but I don't know for sure when. I haven't really gotten into a exercise routine I planned to get into something but I think im going to start doing a stationary bike at least 60 minutes a day.