How do you use the TRX?

Options
I don't want to ruin my door frame with the TRX. Has anyone attached it to their ceiling or use it in another way?

Replies

• PrimalSweden
    PrimalSweden Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Their Xmount looks awesome, but I just use the over the door mount. My doors are rather flimsy, but It works without a problem and the TRX hasn't left a trace of wear on the door or the frame. You could even use it on your front door (which is usually a thicker and heavier door).
  • sisnero
    sisnero Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I currently use the TRX at the gym but am thinking about purchasing it for my home too. how much room do you need in front of the door for it to be effective?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It won't ruin your foor frame as long as you put it on the proper side of the door. Put it ont he wrong side however and you can potentially rip your door clean off the frame.

You only need enough space to get on the floor and do a pushup in front of your door.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I have tried it on my door frame and suspended from my basement ceiling. I prefer the later. Attaching it to the ceiling allows me more range of movement - getting under or behind the mount, great for moves such as the body saw.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Same. I bought the ceiling and wall mounts for both of my suspension trainers. I find for some exercises it's better to use the wall mounts, but for most yes overhead anchors are definitely better.
  • BeCool420
    Options
    I bought the TRX x-mount and it works great! It comes with the bolt and I drilled holes 3 inches deep into a main ceiling joist and it works fine. Just follow the directions and you should be fine.
  • BeCool420
    Options
    TRX says about a 6'X8' area...
  • JTMama
    Options
    I put mine around the main beam in my basement.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Looped over a beam on my back deck (when the weather is nice). Also put an interval timer app on my iPad so that I can listen to tunes and move from one move to the next when the timer tells me to. I think poor form doing TRX hurt my shoulder, so have not done in a while, but I will go back to it. So versatile and effective!