Here to lose weight & have fun while I'm doing it

Options
Hi everyone,

I have been riding as a passenger since I was 12, and riding my own for 9 years. I have a 2000 Heritage Springer and a 2005 Heritage. I have a great life, filled with everyone and everything that I love. My weight is the only thing that still bothers me. So I figured I would devote a year or two to it and solve it once and for all :-D I was never heavy until about 8 years ago so I still see myself as I used to be. It's always a shock to see my pictures with all that extra weight.

My plan is: I follow the Radiant Recovery program (which I have been doing for 8 years now), I lift heavy, and I keep my Protein/Fat/Carb ratio at 40/20/40, and my calories around 2000/day.

I won't be the most vocal member here, but I will be plugging along with you all.

Elaine in CO

Replies

• shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    HI!!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi Elaine. I'm Sue. Seeing pics of myself this past summer as a Solo Rider made me decide....I need to get rid of "my Big Mama" look!! Here's hoping we can support each other on this dedicated Journey :happy:
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It's always a shock to see my pictures with all that extra weight.

Hi Elaine. You fit right in with the rest of us. I just turned 50 and traded in my Dyna for a 2010 Ultra Classic. The picture my wife took of me when I got home was horrid.

Good luck,
    Kevin
  • joellasmom
    joellasmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I ride a Yamaha Roadstar and I keep looking at my vacation pictures from an awesome ride up the California coast, the only thing wrong with the picture is my weight. I had worked really hard to get down to a 12 and then let myself sneak all the way back to my highest and then some.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes, Shadow, Ladyrider, and Kevin! Ladyrider, Big Momma --- Ouch!!! That's OK, the ability to call me that will be gone soon enough!!

Welcome Joellasmom! We are planning a trip out to the Southern Oregon/Northern California coast this June for the Redwood Rally. I took two weeks off of work to do it and man am I ever excited about it. I've never been to California to sightsee, neither has my old man. I don't reckon I will be 'slim' in the pictures but I ain't gonna look like I do now that's for sure!

Good luck and good health to all of us!

Elaine in CO
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Hello! and welcome!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! :) I just don't want to have to buy YET ANOTHER pair of chaps..I'd like to get back into a pair I already HAVE! lol Not to mention I have a jacket I LOVE and can't wear it! So welcome to those us trying to improve our power to weight ratio!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Still planning my rides for this summer, but the Redwood Run is a possibility. Maybe I'll see you there.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, icimani. I am so impressed by your progress ticker, wow!

Lorcart, I hear you about the leathers. My larger size chaps are really worn and I would prefer to not replace them, but start using the smaller size ones that I already own. And yeah, I have a great jacket that I won't be able to use until next fall, but man will I be happy when I can!!

RoadDog, It would be very cool to meet up at the Redwood Run. Neither of us have ever been there.

I get four weeks of vacation each year, and we'll likely also do Red Lodge in July, we really love that one. Some years we go to Sturgis for a few days but my partner is burned out on it. If we do go we stay further out and enjoy the riding more than the partying.

In the years when my work schedule allows we go to Four Corners at Labor Day. He used to live there and be on the committee for the old Iron Horse rally so we know all the best spots in that area.

What other rallies/parties are you thinking about going to?

Elaine in CO
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, icimani. I am so impressed by your progress ticker, wow!

Lorcart, I hear you about the leathers. My larger size chaps are really worn and I would prefer to not replace them, but start using the smaller size ones that I already own. And yeah, I have a great jacket that I won't be able to use until next fall, but man will I be happy when I can!!

RoadDog, It would be very cool to meet up at the Redwood Run. Neither of us have ever been there.

I get four weeks of vacation each year, and we'll likely also do Red Lodge in July, we really love that one. Some years we go to Sturgis for a few days but my partner is burned out on it. If we do go we stay further out and enjoy the riding more than the partying.

In the years when my work schedule allows we go to Four Corners at Labor Day. He used to live there and be on the committee for the old Iron Horse rally so we know all the best spots in that area.

What other rallies/parties are you thinking about going to?

Elaine in CO
    One of these days ,I'm gonna head that way. Been wanting to do a western loop for a long time, just never had the right bike or enough days to string together to do it. I do now. Big bike events don't interest me but riding in mountains I've never seen before does! Lots of time on the slab for me to get there, but, certainly thinking about it.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    One of these days ,I'm gonna head that way. Been wanting to do a western loop for a long time, just never had the right bike or enough days to string together to do it. I do now. Big bike events don't interest me but riding in mountains I've never seen before does! Lots of time on the slab for me to get there, but, certainly thinking about it.

That's exactly how I feel about getting back to the Appalachians! It's been a long time, but I used to live in Maryland & PA. LOVE those mountains. And you will LOVE the Rockies when you get here -- less bugs, more dramatic vistas, less potholes.

Rallies are fun, a nice excuse to rest for a bit. We camp so it's nice to not have to break camp and pitch the tent every day for a while. DP loves the rallies more than I do, but we try to find a good mix of what we each love.

Elaine in CO
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I live about 45 mins from Lake George, NY, where they hold Americade, a huge multi-brand touring bike rally.

I'm not much into all the vents but it sure was fun just riding a round looking at all the bikes (and showing off mine!) and shopping a the huge vendor show.