New to the Group

Options
katieuk
katieuk Posts: 304 Member
Hi all

I havent been diagnosed coeliac yet but my dad was diagnosed quite a while back now and I think I am having several symptoms to suggest I do also have it!!

Thankfully I have private healthcare through work and I can have a full advanced body not so I'm booking in for that soon and hopefully get tested for coeliac at the same time!!

I wanted to join so I can share with people going through the same!!

Xx

Replies

• schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I am torn between "Welcome to the club" and "I hope you do not have Celiac." Honestly though I do not find living GF to be hard at all, just a change. So welcome :)
  • arteth
    Options
    Celiac is usually transferred by the X chromosome, so here is hoping you're not! GF is not hard to do, but it is a big change. I can't just grab things and go now. Also fun fact that a friend told me: carmel color could be made out of wheat or not and they don't have to say if it is or not on the package which means it doesn't appear in the allergen statement on the package.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! You are not currently avoiding gluten are you? If so it can make your testing falsely negative so you'll want to keep eating it until after all testing has commenced. If it turns out you do have to go gluten free it's not too bad! I've been eating this way for 2 years and I don't even think about gluten foods anymore!
  • myalienbody
    myalienbody Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to myfitnesspal (a new fitbit owner as well), diagnosed with Celiac about 5 months ago (never doing an upper endoscopy again...like, ever) and a thyroid cancer survivor. My ability to lose weight plummeted after thyroid removal, despite thyroid hormone medication, so this is my last stand! Everyone I know who went gluten free dropped oodles of weight. Me? Over 7 months and only down 20 pounds. It is an achievement, I recognize that...but it has taken Herculean efforts to drop that weight. I'm using my fitbit and myfitnesspal to get an accurate picture of what I'm doing (or not doing). So, here I am! :-)