Zumba people question! :)

Options
For those of you who do zumba, how long do you do it, how many times a week do you do it, how much weight have you lost and what was your starting weight. I have been doing zumba since january but i became consistant with it in may and i was doing 20 mins everyday and a week ago i started 45 mins everyday and today i am 127 and in may i was 138. So i lost 11 lbs

Replies

• quelie45
    Options
    I don't know how much weight I 've lost doing zumba. I love it. I go to a live class 3-4 times a week. 1 hr per class.
  • Cindygutie
    Cindygutie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've lost 59 pounds doing Zumba, walking and sometimes kettle bells. I try to Zumba 35 minutes each morning at 5 am. Gets the day started right! I made my own routine on the Zumba for Xbox kinect. Also, I go to a Zumba class once a week for an hour.
  • healthchick
    healthchick Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 5-6 times each week (a mixture of DVDs, Wii, Live Classes, and Aqua Zumba. I have lost 25kgs. I find Zumba fantastic because of the variety and simplicity of picking up the new moves (there are no rules).
  • mskathyw
    mskathyw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats the fun and addiction of a live class with a really good teacher. I go twice a week for 1 hour. This is all my schedule allows but I have lost 60 lbs since I started along with decent eating. I found the at home version boring. I guess I need other people in misery around me. Plus it motivates me to try harder because other people will know if I am only half trying.
  • healthchick
    healthchick Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats the fun and addiction of a live class with a really good teacher. I go twice a week for 1 hour. This is all my schedule allows but I have lost 60 lbs since I started along with decent eating. I found the at home version boring. I guess I need other people in misery around me. Plus it motivates me to try harder because other people will know if I am only half trying.

Totally agree that the live classes are the best. I have progressed from the back row to the front!
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I go to live classes 3-4 times a week. I also do Zumba at home on the Wii some, but I'd much rather do it live. I've lost 12 pounds since starting MFP and Zumba in November.
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have been dong Zumba Core on the Wii 5-6 days a week for 3 weeks now. I don't have a scale, but I can definitely tell a change in my shape and energy.
  • redhot8779
    redhot8779 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I went to my first live Zumba class Aug 27 and weighed 255. I started going 3 times a week and eventually moved up to 5 days a week. I became an instructor on March 1. Even if I don't have a class to teach I still am doing Zumba 5 days a week. This week I have also started kickboxing once a week. Today I am now at 197 and still losing. My biggest challenge is my eating, but working on that as well. Thanks to Zumba I am still heading down!!! Want to lose another 30 by Oct. when I go to Cancun!!
  • staceylcash
    staceylcash Posts: 71
    Options
    That is great!
  • staceylcash
    staceylcash Posts: 71
    Options
    Wow how hard is it to do an hr straight through?? I can only do 20 mins cause i get wore out quickly. I have went through some kidney problems and im just starting back up and if i do more than 20 mins i hurt. But i have been doing zumba again for the last few weeks and i do it every day, every once in a while ill skip a day, but im hoping to get my body in swim suit shape just by doing 20 mind a day. I have lost about 10 lbs since i wrote this. But im shooting for 5 more.