Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Silly Question on adding weight

While doing SL do I add 5 lbs to each side or in total so two 2.5 on each side?

For those of you that have been doing this for a while, if I can lift something comfortable would you recommend me to go up in weight or follow his system of slowly adding even if I feel I'm not working out as hard as I can?

Replies

• spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    2.5lbs to each side, for a total of 5lbs each week. And I'd say stick with the program, even if it doesn't feel terribly challenging yet. The point is to absolutely have the form nailed down before the weights get too heavy. Starting off slow builds a solid base of muscle memory and will help keep you from injuring yourself later.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    2.5lbs to each side, for a total of 5lbs each week. And I'd say stick with the program, even if it doesn't feel terribly challenging yet. The point is to absolutely have the form nailed down before the weights get too heavy. Starting off slow builds a solid base of muscle memory and will help keep you from injuring yourself later.

What spaz said. Stick with it.