1 year of breast feeding!

Options
Sarah1023
Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
Wasn't sure where to share, but I'm so happy...my baby girl is 1 today and we are still going strong with breast feeding!! Had to make an announcement as I feel that is an accomplishment to be proud of :)

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. It's such a wonderful feeling to provide that body and soul nourishment to your little girl. And nursing a one-year-old is so much fun!
  • harmonyh10
    harmonyh10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Way to go mama, that is an awesome accomplishment!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Good for you momma!!! It's an amazing feeling!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!

My daughter was a little over 3 when we stopped, and now I have a 4 month old!:)
  • dinomomma
    dinomomma Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Wasn't sure where to share, but I'm so happy...my baby girl is 1 today and we are still going strong with breast feeding!! Had to make an announcement as I feel that is an accomplishment to be proud of :)
    You rock mama
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It is I am proud of you. Wish more people were into this but I'm glad you are going strong.
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! My son will be 10 months old in a couple days and we are still goin' strong. I know I am gonna miss it when he weans though. It's such great bondin' time!
  • howebrook
    howebrook Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's awesome news -- congratulations. My duaghter nursed until just after her third birthday although she had been down to 1 or 2 times a day for quite awhile before that. Now I worry when she is sick because I can't give her antibodies and make sure she gets some nutrition. LOL
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    me too!!! I swear right after she stopped nursing, she got sick!!!

Not to mention she doesn't eat alot of food, before I didn't worry, now I do lol
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Great job! It is a wonderful thing to be able to snuggle up your baby and feed them. Congratulations!
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    Thanks yall!! We are still going strong, we both love the bonding and it's just a special mommy/baby moment!!
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Awww, this made me so happy to see a post like this!! I nursed my second child until she was almost three and am now nursing my third and he is 9 months! It's such an amazing experience. The bonding is awesome. Congrats!
  • praying4four
    praying4four Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great Job, That is awesome!!
  • Kelly_fat2fit30
    Options
    That is a HUGE accomplishment!!! I am so proud of you and happy for you!! With my first I only made it to 10 weeks :( So sad but WAYYY busy life then! Now with my son who's 8 months I'm still going strong and will continue until he weans himself!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Definitely something to be proud of! Great work, mama! My baby is 3.5 months old and my goal is to make it to his first birthday.

You rock :)
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Thats so great! i have a 6 month old and were going strong also. Hoping to go at least another 6 months! :)
  • StaceyMayfonz
    StaceyMayfonz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is awesome with my daughter I was only able to do it for about 8 weeks she is now 3, however my son is now 6 months old and going strong!!! :happy:
  • shrinkinc
    shrinkinc Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Yay! Congratulations! That's so awesome.
    I stopped pumping at 11 months but continued to nurse my daughter until 17 1/2 months (until I weaned her after being away for two weeks).
    I'm hoping to nurse my son till he's at least 2 years old (if not longer).
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    Thanks for the support you all!! I appreciate it!
  • Sarah1023
    Options

Yay! Congratulations! That's so awesome.
    I stopped pumping at 11 months but continued to nurse my daughter until 17 1/2 months (until I weaned her after being away for two weeks).
    I'm hoping to nurse my son till he's at least 2 years old (if not longer).

That's awesome! My goal is to just keep going!! LOL. I would love to make it to a year....or at least until she decides "no more" lol. I currently still have to pump as I am away from her at work, but any time we are together it's strictly breastfeeding, mommy/baby bonding time. We love it!!