Basic vs. Pro

Options
lem_orc29
lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
Hey everyone, I just recently finished C25k, and am looking into using Endomondo to continue my running. I have the basic free app right now, but I'm interested in a lot of the features on the Pro app...but it's kind of expensive as far as apps go, so I was wondering if anyone else had it and if you think it's worth it?

Replies

• danimal5867
    Options
    I've got the pro and I love it. It gives me greater options in setting up my workout.
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks! i think I'm going to bite the bullet and get it...mostly because I love gadgets and can't stand the idea of not having all those fun features. :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options
    I have the pro app. I really like the peptalks where friends can type an encouraging message while I am working out, and it says it to me while I am working.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Endo is cheap - 4.99 .... my Endo is acting up so I looked for a different App that will work w/ my Polar Wearlink Bluetooth. The new app has a free version, but the PRO is 9.99! WTHeck, really? Still on the fence - I plan on experimenting between the two to see which one is doing a better job.

reason - my Polar is recording low values on the calories and Endo often messes up my distance, speed or cals. But I have a new strap (old style Polar) so maybe that is it.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Endo is cheap - 4.99 .... my Endo is acting up so I looked for a different App that will work w/ my Polar Wearlink Bluetooth. The new app has a free version, but the PRO is 9.99! WTHeck, really? Still on the fence - I plan on experimenting between the two to see which one is doing a better job.

reason - my Polar is recording low values on the calories and Endo often messes up my distance, speed or cals. But I have a new strap (old style Polar) so maybe that is it.

My Polar is working fine with Endo, as are most other things. I found Mapmyride did a better job with being accurate with distances, but was way off for calories. Not that the calories calculated matter since I do the TDEE - 20% approach in which I include my intended exercise. I find it works much better for me than MFP's numbers and adding exercise calories.
  • doctordee955
    Options
    I use the pro version through a android phone (samsung s2) and have had no problems since the recent updates. Before the update did have a problem were endomondo failed to lock to gps, but this was quickly fixed. Tried mapmyrides as well but found its map to be out of date and it looked like I was going either cross country or cycling through rivers. So I came back to endo.
  • Scott15Fit
    Options
    I use Pro version and Premium for the website.
    If you get a few friends you get pep talks on Pro which is nice, few other features that I don't really use, mainly bought to support the company.
    Premium for the website has some nice statistic comparisons.
    I like the challenges on Endomondo and it links to MFP otherwise I'd probably use Runkeeper or one of the many others, as long as they allow import/export and a variety of sports.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options

I thought I read it was 4.99/month? or am I confusing that with Premium on the website... ??
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Pro app is 4.99 once, Premium on web is 2.99 a month (or a year for 19.99). I read somewhere on their site that if you have the Pro App, there is a way to get a discount 5$ off the year price. I may sign up if I can figure it out.

And Endo totally flopped last night - wouldn't sync to my Polar, kept screwing up the Interval training and locked up my phone. Sooo... today i uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed and rebooted - now it's behaving. Synced to my Polar, interval worked and no lock-ups. I don't know if my program went nuts, got coruputed or what. I am running it on a Samsung Galaxy S3 & Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

The "other" program i tried is lacking - I really do like Endo. I just wish I wasn't having so much trouble between it & my Polar.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Pro app is 4.99 once, Premium on web is 2.99 a month (or a year for 19.99). I read somewhere on their site that if you have the Pro App, there is a way to get a discount 5$ off the year price. I may sign up if I can figure it out.

And Endo totally flopped last night - wouldn't sync to my Polar, kept screwing up the Interval training and locked up my phone. Sooo... today i uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed and rebooted - now it's behaving. Synced to my Polar, interval worked and no lock-ups. I don't know if my program went nuts, got coruputed or what. I am running it on a Samsung Galaxy S3 & Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

The "other" program i tried is lacking - I really do like Endo. I just wish I wasn't having so much trouble between it & my Polar.

Two things that work for me beyond the re-install which I have not done when I have sync issues with the polar are:

1) Turn the phone off and then on again. For some reason that helps with both that and GPS connection. I tend to have my phone on constantly with few complete shutdowns. I think configuration data gets corrupted over time and needs to be reset.

2) Check the battery and clean the strap of my polar. When the battery gets low syncing is much more difficult.