A Broken "Back"

Options
brownd3
brownd3 Posts: 1 Member
Alright guys, here's my simple story that I need help with. (

Last season I tore my MCL and shattered just about everything around it, however my ACL was miraculously safe. Since then, I haven't been able to exercise conservatively due to the fact that my knee cap would always pop out. At the end of the season I was the quickest and most agile back on the team weighing 145 (Thanks my fitnesspal). But through a brutal off season of about a year, I'm beyond what we claim "out of shape". I decided that if I'm going to get in shape for rugby I have to start now (I'm in speech so now official pre-season can be done). I reset my standards to what they were last year, 1800 calories, 20 minute runs, 20 minutes of suicides, and 10 minutes of a various cool-down. My workouts HAVE to fit in under an hour because if not... I'll be late to class, and I can't work out after school because I have forensics research for state everyday. Any other suggestions for how a back can get back in to shape?

Replies

• mrdjmo
    mrdjmo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You really need to add strength work into your routine.

Remember if you wante to burn fat you need to build muscle, the more lean muscle on you the more calories your body will burn.

Try adding some compound movements under weight i.e Squat,Deadlift,Bench Press,Barbell Rows etc...

Then try and hit cardio on seprate days to your strength training.

If you can do this while keeping your calories at maintenance or just below the weight will fly off you.