Ok, have it your way then! Humph! 2/7/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Today is a freebie day...you know like in class when the teacher says okay for the last 15 minutes you can do what you like! Oh those were the days and special too!
What challenge can you do for yourself today! come on...I know you can think of something!
Extra 10 minutes of exercise?
More water?
Go to bed early?
Eat extra helping of veggies?
Take a class instead of treadmill?
Ask a friend to go exercise?

Let us know what you do!!!!! This is fun I can't wait to hear the progress and choices!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Free day in gym was the only day I liked. I went straight to the weight room. That was where the boys were. :love: I would show them up. I could do the leg bench better than most of them.

Today my challenge is to not have a challenge. If you lived here you would understand. I have six children ranging from 13-23. Trust me I am challenged on a regular basis several times a day.

Good news, I get my workouts in despite the daily challenges. I just finished my Butt Bible workout. Yea baby!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I can't make it to the gym today so I'm going to find a new workout on You Tube and get that done.
  • brian_capstick
    brian_capstick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine maybe shoveling snow if the one foot of snow arrives tonight. Otherwise a gym workout is scheduled and to add to that would be to walk the dogs.
  • smallmuscleathelete
    Options
    lol, I would LOVE to be in your class!!! What a great teacher!

For me: Go to bed early?! Hopefully! I am the kind of person that trying to whatever it takes (including doing nothing) not to go to bed and walk 30 minutes (though it might be hard as it's raining!)
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Challenge today:
    Jumping up randomly due to foot/ankle cramps from wearing heels today
    Making faces during training while foot/ankle cramp from wearing heels today
    Do laundry
    Pack
    Sweep Floor
    Reclean kitchen because I cooked supper last night after cleaning kitchen
    Make sure everything is ready for the kitties for my friend to take care of them
    Do the 10-20 things that I have already forgotten and will remember at the last minute that will send me into a dizzying panic
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I found mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQuBD0pKai0

I know what a plank is and I've done superman's and a variation on the third plank. But the 4th one - wow - that looks really hard.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I talked two co-workers into joining MFP since they kept complaining about healthy eathing/weight. :drinker:

For me...going the lazy route on this challenge...more water today. :wink:
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I found mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQuBD0pKai0

I know what a plank is and I've done superman's and a variation on the third plank. But the 4th one - wow - that looks really hard.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU are a GO-GETTER!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm stressing very emotional today because my kitty is in the hospital. Which will also cost quite a bit.

Therefore: I conquered my challenge. While out around lunch time, I did not eat out, I waited until I got home to eat (save money and calories). Also I was in the cookie aisle at the store... did NOT get cookies!

Other then the focus on my kitty, is the focus on not stress eating.
  • TaraNie
    TaraNie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm going to challenge myself to not sit on the couch when I get home...instead I'm going to burn some calories and get a few things done around the house. I sense a vacuum in my near future :glasses:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I'm stressing very emotional today because my kitty is in the hospital. Which will also cost quite a bit.

Therefore: I conquered my challenge. While out around lunch time, I did not eat out, I waited until I got home to eat (save money and calories). Also I was in the cookie aisle at the store... did NOT get cookies!

I know how stressful having a furbaby in the hospital (and thinking about the huge bill waiting for you), went through that in December, good for you for not letting the stress break your hard work and I hope your kitty is better soon!!!!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options

I know how stressful having a furbaby in the hospital (and thinking about the huge bill waiting for you), went through that in December, good for you for not letting the stress break your hard work and I hope your kitty is better soon!!!!

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the people on here, like you, that provide support. Support for not just the weight loss, but dealing with everyday life also.
  • rochellena
    rochellena Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I tried to work on my temper today. When I got too stressed out or frustrated, I left the room for a couple of moments, and focused all my thought on steady breaths. It's something I really need to do more often. My constantly being on the edge of a stress overload isn't good for my family or me.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I tried to work on my temper today. When I got too stressed out or frustrated, I left the room for a couple of moments, and focused all my thought on steady breaths. It's something I really need to do more often. My constantly being on the edge of a stress overload isn't good for my family or me.

Tell me about it....God had a talk with me about that very issue and you don't the Big Man telling you about your ATTITUDE!!!! So I like you try to do the same...I am learning often I can't change the people, job, or work only me! Kudos to you and stress management is all in Weight Loss!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I can't make it to the gym today so I'm going to find a new workout on You Tube and get that done.

I knew it would be late by the time I got to do this...but its done. I found a low impact workout from Fitness Blender and got the burn. I can't wait for the day that I don't have to take a break during on of those.