Flirting Back- NIce Gesture or Wasting His Time?

Options
2»

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Can we not turn this into a tier conversation?

I would actually like to know the answer for this. In JJ'a case she has a boyfriend so she wouldn't be interested in another guy no matter the tier.
    I think P and I were joking about the whole tier thing. If you want an honest response, I don't always automatically assume everyone who talks to me is into me. So why should I be rude?

And as a man I can usually tell when someone isn't really into me without them being rude about it. I also understand that women will flirt back with me just for fun. But it is possible to be friendly without being flirty. In JJ's case I see no problem with being friendly until the guy starts being blatantly flirty.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    If a girl is smiling, making eye contact and doing basic chit-chat I won't assume automatically she is flirting either. Maybe she's just being friendly, as I would be myself.

Unless she's a top-tier Hooters waitress, or stripper. At which point I will assume she so totally wants me. Helps if I'm on my fifth beer.

--P

:heart:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

I think P and I were joking about the whole tier thing. If you want an honest response, I don't always automatically assume everyone who talks to me is into me. So why should I be rude?

And as a man I can usually tell when someone isn't really into me without them being rude about it. I also understand that women will flirt back with me just for fun. But it is possible to be friendly without being flirty. In JJ's case I see no problem with being friendly until the guy starts being blatantly flirty.

Absolutely agree with this.... I am a flirt, but not in an obnoxious way. More friendly flirty? Unless I really want him...then he'll know it. :wink:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    But it is possible to be friendly without being flirty. In JJ's case I see no problem with being friendly until the guy starts being blatantly flirty.

^^^ this!

I dont 'flirt' with guys I'm not attracted to/interested in. But I'm always friendly and polite. There is a difference IMO
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Guys!! If you approach a woman and she is receptive (smiles, makes eye contact, basic chit-chat) do you get upset later and wish she wouldn't have wasted your time if the truth was she wasn't interested?

I ask because I have always been taught that it takes a man a LOT of guts to come up and talk to you (let alone ask your number or ask you out) so you should "reward him" with a pretty smile, chit chat and such. I don’t imply that I would go out with them, or touch their arms or anything that I think would be a come-on. I just use it as an opportunity to work on my networking skills.

One of the ladies I run with thought this was wrong. Since I am not interested in the men I meet out here, I am wasting his time by responding positively when he approaches me. I countered that it’s rude to just cut him off (and discourages him from approaching other ladies), and why not wait until he actually does something to indicate interest (like ask my number or ask me out which rarely happens) before turning him down?

What do you guys think?

I wouldn't think it was a waste of time unless the woman was stringing me along just for attention.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think it was a waste of time unless the woman was stringing me along just for attention.

It could also be that laundry day is coming up and her washing machine is broken.

Or she's trying to save energy. GO GREEN! Use washboard abs for laundry.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm all for Going Green!! :wink:

Think there is a definite difference between being friendly and flirting with intent. No reason to be rude or not have a fun conversation with someone you meet.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    So two ladies were talking about this with me. One of them, trim really good looking, long hair was friendly to 3 guys who came up during the course of our hanging out (I thought guys didn't approach women in groups of 3+???). Me and the other girl told her, "you know they're flirting with you, right?" and she told us she never thinks men are flirting with her. She's just nice and friendly to everyone. Me and the other girl both agree with being nice and friendly, but at the same time when he starts laying on the compliments and giving that goofy grin, we both find a way to mention our men (for example: thanks, my boyfriend/husband thinks so too)

The really cute girl said that was rude, and by doing this we were automatically assuming the guy was hitting on us and he could just be trying to make new friends.

What do you think? Are we rude, or we saving the guy wasted time?

Edit: I think I'll post this as it's own topic