Encouragement During Lent

feel free to share

Replies

• Thank you so much for all of your posts in this group. I have learned a lot. I am not Catholic nor a very religious man, but I do consider myself to be very spiritual. I have always been drawn to the idea of Lent and have observed Lent since I was a child in varying degrees. This year I will be more involved than I have been in the past. This year not only will I fast on Ash Wednesday but will be abstaining from meat for the full term. I plan on actually switching to a plant based diet completely. This will be a challenge living in a rural community in Colorado. The time of fasting, abstinence and penitence during Lent has always strengthened my relationship with Jesus and I am looking forward to this year’s Lent. Feel free to add me and offer words of encouragement during this time and I will do the same.
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Travis: thank you for sharing. As a "cradle Catholic", I have never known a year without experiencing Lent. I am always interested in hearing from non-Catholics that they also take time during this very holy time of year to grow in their spiritual life, as well as to deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ. I hold you in prayer during this Lenten season. God Bless!!
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    You are very welcome :smile: Jesus put it on my heart to set this up and I am glad that it has helped. :flowerforyou:
    Thank you so much for all of your posts in this group. I have learned a lot. I am not Catholic nor a very religious man, but I do consider myself to be very spiritual. I have always been drawn to the idea of Lent and have observed Lent since I was a child in varying degrees. This year I will be more involved than I have been in the past. This year not only will I fast on Ash Wednesday but will be abstaining from meat for the full term. I plan on actually switching to a plant based diet completely. This will be a challenge living in a rural community in Colorado. The time of fasting, abstinence and penitence during Lent has always strengthened my relationship with Jesus and I am looking forward to this year’s Lent. Feel free to add me and offer words of encouragement during this time and I will do the same.