Glucorein PCOS... anyone tried it?

Options
Hey all, I've been dealing with the insulin resistance (and weight gain) from PCOS for the last several years and have been trying to lose weight for about 2 or 3 years with little success. I work out intensely and regularly and watch my carbs and calories as best I can. I recently came across a few reviews for Glucorein PCOS which is an OTC "medical food" with studies that show it has comparable effects to metformin. I ordered some and am going to give it a try. They say that the people who tested it lost an average of 18 lb.. what???
SO anyways, has anyone tried it, or had any experience with it? If not, I'll report back.

Replies

• fittyfittybumbum
    Options
    Very interested in hearing how it goes
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Never heard about it.
    I had to google it and found this
    http://pcosdiva.com/2012/09/what-is-glucorein-pcos/

sounds pretty interesting and goo. I wonder if I can buy this in europe.

And I'm really interested in how you feel with it!
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Let us know how it goes!
  • thatsingergirl
    thatsingergirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So I'm finishing my first week of Glucorein PCOS, and so far I've noticed a few positives right away:
    My hair is falling out a lot less. Like, it used to clog the drain every time I showered, and now I barely see any hair in drain after a shower.
    I'm craving food less and feeling hungry less. I feel more in control over what I eat, not just getting hungry and desperate to eat the first carb that comes across my eyeline.
    For those TTC (sorry if it's TMI), my CM has increased and looks to be of a much healthier consistency.

So far, no significant weight loss, and if I don't eat every two hours, my blood sugar feels too low. However, I talked to one of the service reps at Napa Valley Nutritionals (the company that sells the supplement), and they've encouraged me to take the drink with meals instead of before eating, and to try to eat every two hours to keep my blood sugar steady.

The way this apparently works is that it sends food to a more distal part of the intestine to be digested, causing a much slower release of sugars into the bloodstream. This might be causing lows in blood sugar as I'm exercising quite intensely and maybe underestimating the amount of carbs my body needs to accomplish this, so I actually had to up my carb intake and I feel better and have more energy and stamina at my workouts.

Anyways, just wanted to give an update to any who are interested!
  • thatsingergirl
    thatsingergirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... just realized maybe I should have posted this as a new thread. Oh well, next update will be.
  • lalarox
    Options
    I've never heard of this but I am interested in trying it out. Is Napa Valley Nutritionals the only place that sells it?