reasons for wanting to lose weight.

Options
2»

Replies

• Jayejay3
    Options
    Hi All,

My reasons for wanting to lose weight vary. I gained a lot of weight during college and when I graduated and came home, I was subject to my family's disapproval of my new body. It hurts to have the ones you love the most call you 'fat' every other day. On top of that, I discovered that the extra weight i gained was affecting my health and ability to get around. I have too much weight on my body for my height and it has begun to affect my knees. I would like to lose around 30 pounds so that I can feel better about myself and no longer have to listen to my family ridicule me about every plate of food I eat. I want to be free of my fat and gain back my self esteem, ability to shop for hours and the bikini body I had my freshmen year of college!
  • e2camille
    e2camille Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I gained weight after having my daughter and I was already trying to drop a few pounds.
  • fluttermom5
    Options
    My first reasonsare to reverse pre-diabetes and to help me with RA issues. I am not large by the look of me. Most of my fat is around my stomach area. For the most part though...I have realized that I have spent far too much time being sick. Its time to get back to being me. My focus is to be the best me that I can be because I have forgotten how to Love myself! God bless ya progress siatas! I look forward to supporting all of you. ...Kimberly
  • weezbagy
    weezbagy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My main reason for wanting to lose weight is to help manage my fibroids. Estrogen is stored in fat cells, so one effective way to decrease excess estrogen is to maintain a healthy body weight. Fingers crossed!
  • Smoothroz
    Smoothroz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was thinking it was slow tonight as well. My reasons for wanting to lose weight are as follows:

I want to lower cholesterol
    Blood pressure
    Take some of the load off of my back and knees (I have arthritis)
    Look better in my clothes
    Feel better about how I look

I started replacing one or two meals with a green smoothie and I exercise daily. I eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and I consume no sugars, star he's or fats. I haven't weighed since beginning on Monday however, I'm sure if I stick with it I will see results soon.
  • SammieAus
    SammieAus Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight for a while. I'm just tired of being "the big one". I don't like the sluggish feeling. I'm also getting married so I don't necessarily want to lose weight just for the wedding (although that will be fabulous). I want to be healthy before we start a family.

Right now I'm just focusing on not just the calories but the type of foods I eat and moving more.
    Good luck to everyone and your journey and have a wonderful Friday!
  • Audlyn3
    Options
    I have lost 35 lbs so far and there is nothing like wearing clothes that you haven't worn in years! And I do mean years....I still feel like I look the same but it becomes real to me when I shop and buy clothes 2 sizes smaller and not having to be sure and try it on first because my pooch might show or worrying that my thighs won't fit. I haven't had any health issues and now that I am over 40-I'm trying to prevent that. I guess prevention and vanity are my reasons for losing.
  • serenitygranted11
    Options
    Im just sick of being fat!!! I LOVE MYSELF and everything about my body except hate my gut! I'll think i look super cute but when i see a pic of myself the gut is the first thing i notice!

Overall i want to be a healthier me but I want to LOOOK GREAT in anything i wear!
  • the_mbellishedlife
    Options
    1. I have a seven month old I want to live to see his babies....I know you don't know how you are going to leave this world but I don't want health issues pertaining to being overweight to why my health decllines. I lost my mother a year ago tom. she was only 67 kidney failure..she was diabetic.
    2. I just want to feel like myself again
    3. I want to be able to go to any store and be able to shop
    4. I want my butt to be cute again and not wider than fridge LOL!!!

My plan of action is tracking on mfp, joining groups like these and begining an exercise regimen, and encouraging others while they encourage me :flowerforyou:
  • MND327
    MND327 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy!
  • Strawberryswing33
    Options
    I decided that enough was enough. I was tired of being sick and having high blood pressure, dealing with health issues and the like. And I've always been athletic, but after my child was born, I sunk into depression and couldn't fit into any of my old clothes. I decided to take control of my life and my health!!
  • SoVeracious
    SoVeracious Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My top reasons for wanting to lose weight are 1. I am tired of trying to hide my stomach and love handles in clothes 2. I want to have children soon and I want to get healthy now so that I can have a healthy pregnancy. Overall health is important, but these two are the first things that come to mind.

I am losing weight by counting calories and by doing various types of exercise.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    <
    This

I'm sure there are more honorable reasons, but for me, this is #1
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The desire to be healthy! Over a year ago I was plagued with health issues, chronic sinus infections and just not happy.... But since I picked up running so happy that I have not had an infection in a year! Now I just want to continue the path of being the healthiest me I can be!
  • Dom_Butterfly
    Options
    My desire to lose weight is primarily to get healthy and combat Fibromyalgia......I am looking forward to the days where I am nit in constant pain.
  • mscan40
    mscan40 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight to feel good about myself. Especially when I put my clothes on. Just to love me and the body Im in. I understand this time around that I have to workout harder then just 30 mins of treadmill but body desires more in order to burn.
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Vanity! And I want to show my fitness freak brother that I can do "man pushups." I wish I could say "health," but that's not really what I think of when I'm squatting and sprinting. I'm thinking "I'm sexy and I know it." I eat clean and do Zumba and CrossFit.

I'm with her. VANITY all the way! My graduation is in May, and I haven't seen my family since Christmas. They always give me a hard time about my weight. So I want them to be taken aback by my presence lol. Nah, I just want to look nice for the pictures. I also want to look good in bathing suit in August. Booyah!!
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    Couple of reasons, health of course. I have babies to live fo so I need to make sure I am healthy. Vanity, I do not like the extra weight. People keep saying you are tall youre not overweight...BS lol I feel fat and I dont like it so I want to feel good about me again. Job security, military does not play around with weight standards. Im not at risk right now but I also dont want to get close enough to get there. Its a tough world out there and no one wants to be unemployed behind reasons they can help control..